Get Busy Living trophy

On 2023/6/3 at 6:58 PM, laikayiu said:

Tried several times to lower the reoffending rates below 25% but failed.  Any good guide or quick reference or prison examples or downloads could help? 

Finally got this and platinum.  Just play with hearts and my steps to lower reoffending rate as follow: -

1. Choose Captain J. Locks as warden when creating a new prison.  She gives -10% in reoffending rate; 
  2. "Upgrade" the prison by following the initial few grants; 
  3. Keep small prison size and about 80% capacity.  My prison capacity was 50 and kept 40 prisoners; 
  4. Expand cells gradually with basic/ improved/ luxury quality.  Keep reviewing prisoner's cell satisfaction and change cells for them; 
  5. Solitary is necessary for the criteria of punishment and security in reoffending rate; 
  6. Build CCTV and metal detector; 
  7. Hire armed guards and dog handlers as per the requirements in a grant; 
  8. Run reform program base on your financial ability.  Its a huge financial burden as running reform program needs to build different rooms and hire personnel.  I finally ran each type of reform program at least once a day; 
  9. Set regime of different security level and keep review individual's criteria in reoffending rate.  If the prisoner need punishment, change the security to a level with more lockup time; 
  10. High food variety and quality; 
  11. Lower the parole cut-off rate.  Don't let prisoner with low reoffending rate leave early; 
  12. Tunnel/narcotic search regularly; 
  13. Try to meet prisoner's other needs, e.g. literacy.

My reoffending rate was dropped from 77% to 25%.  The trophy popped after 10 prisoners released at the rate of 25%.