Dead Living Zombies - Solo advice needed

DanteIshimura

Hi everyone, 

Been having trouble gaming sessions to happen. Have a pal who could be able to help me in an emergency but i the time being I'm gonna have a crack at it solo.

So I did the first map on my first attempt. The second map took me 4 attempts but after watching vids I noticed that the time remaining is the key here. For example. On the second map, if you have 30K+ whilst using the turret gun and have over 2 minutes remaining, its best to run to the finish line rather than killing the rest of the zombies. I had around 30K and a bit and ran to the finish with about 2.30 left on the clock and it got me 41K+ for the 40K required. 

I then watched a video on the third map and it seems if you can have around 24K and can finish over 3.30 left on the clock, then it gives enough bonus to get the 32K required. That could be tough for me so I watched another vid where he built up 28K and finished at 1 minute exactly and got just over the 32K required. 

So over the years, have you guys discovered any other tips & tricks for doing this solo?

EDIT

Okay so just got the gold on the 3rd map. Now I started by going to a crypt which one of the vids shown as there was a sort of shovel bazooka down there which takes out those guys that chuck venom bombs or whatever they are, in one shot. Got there... no shovel bazooka. Restarted and just did the normal route. Was doing well with the time until you reach those two big slime containers and due to all the zom spawns it was taking ages to do. Got it done and had 2:30 left on the clock and so couldn't afford to waste time with the sniper spot. So jumped straight down and run & gunned everyone and finished with 49 seconds left on the clock but I had reached 31K on the score alone, so with the time bonus I actually smashed the scores in the videos and broke the 35K score. So now I have no idea how the bonus work. 

Oh well. Onwards we go... after a short break of course. Still would appreciate hints though if you guys have any. 

EDIT

Noticed something about the game. You cannot afford to use weapons like the grenade launcher when playing solo. Lets say you have 5 zoms in front of you, a headshot seems to be 150 points. Get all 5 headshots and that 750 points. But if you killed 5 zoms with a grenade launcher round, then it only seems to give 200 points. For the rooftop escape or whatever stage 4 is called, after numerous attempts my last attempt to reach the required 36K I got 35,909. 94 points short and just one headshot would have done it, but I hit the petrol tank and it killed 3 and didn't give me a chance to get those points. Gutted. 

EDIT

Okay so I finally got the win on Rooftop escape or escape the rooftop.... whatever its called. 

Aside from headshots, you really need to finish off those last three big zoms that come through the door with 2 mines. If you don't do that then its gonna be tough as you loose too much time. You saw my time I posted of 35.909 just short of 94 points. Well that was when the mines went wrong for me. This time though it went to plan and I smashed the 36K score and got over 40K. Very happy. Onto the next maps tomorrow. 

EDIT

Okay thats Killer Climate done for 3 stars. What you need to do here is aim for 21K and if you have 4 minutes or over, run to the finish and get the time bonus. I had 20K+ so just under, but finished with around 4:20 on the clock and just got the score. You need 32K and I got 32,886K so very close. At this point though I just want it over and done with lol. 

EDIT

Stage 6. Fast and the zombies or whatever its called. Not a difficult stage at all considering it's the 6th out of 7. Again you have to get as many headshots as possible, pick the yellow car when playing solo as you can control the machine gun on the roof and can get kills and blow stuff up. Before you get to the final part, you really need to hope that you picked up some mines, then before running down the ramp into the hospital, throw the mines and kills the behemoth zom rather than wasting time on him. You need 35K, but if you can have 24K and 4 minutes left you can smash the score and get 37.370K. 

EDIT

For the final stage I was finally joined by a co-op player. Feel kinda crappy doing it solo after getting the rest done solo, but at least its done. You need 56K and we passed with 56,494K with just over a minute and a half left. The co-op player never played it before and I was surprised my self at how tougher it was on co-op. Took us 6 attempts, 4 of those being quick deaths. Big trick though, once you reach the end, open up the big door and then get inside. The zoms don't follow you and you can headshot them all as they block the door. You may need to run out and lure the behemoths but its a lot easier than running around. Then when its just the usual zoms left, take out the vats and then blow the pipe in the final room. I can see this being much easier in solo and may try it as I still need to work towards the 5K zom kills. Also - at the weapons room get the LMG's. Don't get the flamethrower and kill your co-op partner like mine did. 

Edited by DanteIshimura

• 4 months later...

I just managed to get all the gold medals solo, it's definitely possible to do this instead of co-op. The only one I personally found to have issues on is stage 6 (the one with the car). The best strategy I found for that was actually getting out the car and destroying all of the munitions stations instead of trying to speed run it! I can see why this would be easier in co-op, but still give it a chance solo! You might be surprised that you can actually do it :)