The game is really not designed at all

So, this will be a bit of a ranty post but I won't swear or any of that just need to get it off my chest. I really wouldn't ever recommend starting the game or continuing it if you started it because the game has a really bad habit of not respecting your time investment. There's been like 3 times in my experience (with one just now, before me typing this) where randomly the game just reverts progress in your save without you doing anything at all. The most recent time it happened to me, I saved at the docks area in Chapter 5 on my way to work on the Aggression trophy, made sure it saved, went back in to check, left again and then closed application and uploaded it to the cloud, thinking that if I messed up the Aggression trophy I could just redo it without starting the entire chapter (or game) over. I get back on the game and it reverted 4 and a half hours of progress back to chapter one, and not even continuing after chapter 5 when Henry opens the door in Joey's house and he's back at the studio. In other instances, the game also just does not track collectables, which would be fine if there weren't so many that can be missed by opening and area and entering it with a door closed behind you, missed because they're in an area the game literally never tells you to go through, or otherwise missed for just playing the game. They also reset when Henry re-enters the loop, and you'll only know if you got all of them (given you missed them) once the trophy pops on a random one. On top of all of this, you'd think (because every other video game developed by anything other than nerve clusters does it) that chapter select would be useful because if you missed something and you vaguely remember where you missed it, you could just go back in. However that is not the case and chapter select is nearly entirely useless because progress doesn't save through chapter select for some reason. So if you missed some collectables or a miscellaneous trophy or anything else, your best bet is literally doing another full playthrough. My luck was so bad I had to do like 6 of them and now I'm stuck having to do another one just to get my Aggression and Valued Employee trophies. I know the game is about a demon but I didn't expect God to take this much of a step back.

• Like 3