My thoughts on Detroit Become Human (From a fan)

I love it. Period. The characters are all easy to fall in love with, for the most part, and the story is really nice - taking multiple avenues. Soundtrack is nice and they put effort into the actual history and cultural significance of the area - this game has it all. Hard work, passion, great gameplay for Heavy Rain type style enjoyers - great, great, great! 

I've seen others say the platinum ruined their love for the game, but if anything, it strengthened mine. I have Detroit in my top 10 games at the moment and even after I finish i suspect I will give it my own unique playthrough again, which I already did the first time I played. I can see how trophies can get annoying, but that's honestly with any game that you prioritize the stupid little trophy over the craft of the game. Trophies like I'll Be Back can be annoying for some, but I personally found it not that difficult to enjoy even when playing a story i'd rather not, as the way the storyline folds is unique even in the face of giving the game a lack of options. 

Let me know what you think. Not everybody's going to put this game on a pedestal like I am, and that's obviously totally cool. I'm just interested in seeing the ratio between trophy hunters and their view on the game. I'm interested in hearing some critical feedback either way as well, feel free to add what you would've liked to seen in the game. Personally, I wish the soundtrack had more - it's pretty great. 

Jay :) 

• Like 2

I'm with you, I also really liked this game. I remember being set to get all trophies (with the spend-points-in-store one being my final one), but I stuck around with it for a bit longer trying to fill out a bit more of those flowcharts. While some might say they're immersion breaking, I really liked them since it shows how many options there actually are in each chapter.

Also, in terms of Quantic Dream games I've played, I'd say this is fighting for the top spot together with Heavy Rain. Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy started out really good, but wow did that spiral out of control towards the end. Beyond was ok, but it's the one I'd least want to revisit; the non-chronological storytelling doesn't really work in games where you're supposed to think that all your choices matter. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...