Tips for the distance trophies?

OPPTY

I cannot for the life of me get a 520 foot homer. I have two over 500 feet, both at Oracle and into McCovey Cove as a lefty, both coincidentally with the gold ball and in multiplayer. How do you guys hold the controller, swing, etc. Does bat offset settings make a difference Does park make a difference? Tried playing at Coors and couldn't crack 490. 

On 8/27/2023 at 12:47 AM, OPPTY said:

I cannot for the life of me get a 520 foot homer. I have two over 500 feet, both at Oracle and into McCovey Cove as a lefty, both coincidentally with the gold ball and in multiplayer. How do you guys hold the controller, swing, etc. Does bat offset settings make a difference Does park make a difference? Tried playing at Coors and couldn't crack 490. 

So after some trial and error, I think I have a pretty reliable method. As a left-handed batter, I take my right hand, bring it back to my left shoulder, and do a backhanded swing with some decently quick bat speed. Let the ball travel as deep into the hitting zone as possible while still hitting it to your pull side and this goes without saying, watch the launch angle, I was able to get a number of high-distance homers with low(ish) line drives. I also believe you must do this on the gold ball. 

For the ballparks... I have come to the conclusion that you must hit in a park with minimal obstructions, therefore indoor ballparks or ballparks with lots of outfield seating are a big no-no. I got my first home run at 539 feet at Oracle, pulling it down the line and wrapping it around the foul pole. In the next round with the same approach, I hit another home run 537 into the cove but it was a little more toward straight away right field (maybe over the Levi's Landing signage, irl). I was also able to hit one 529 at Fenway over the Green Monster an onto Lansdowne Street. Again, beware of hitting signage/lights on top of the Green Monster. Coors Field is also a viable option if you keep it tight down the left field line and over the brick building concession stand, almost exactly like this homer by CJ Cron.

Hypothetically, I believe that Wrigley and (surprisingly) Oakland Coliseum may be possible. At Wrigley, if you pull it down the line and clear the bleachers in RF, you have a shot at 520+ I hit one 518 in my couple of rounds at Wrigley. I know I just said to choose a stadium with minimal obstructions and that normally breaks against the conventional thinking regarding the Coliseum but if you hit one into the openings on either side of Mount Davis near the BART entrance/exit, you could possibly crack 520. I was able to hit 510 in a couple of rounds. 

Tl;dr go down the RF line at Oracle Park and into McCovey Cove

Edited by OPPTY