Major bug halting progress

ElPeaJay

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or give any advice.

I'm playing on PS4, disc copy of game and updated to current patch.

I've reached the detention area, after waking up and the dialogue, I get to the top of a set of stairs and beyond there there is no floor! I just fall off the map! There are objects and I can see a room in the distance but the floor does not load preventing me from making progress!

I have tried going back to an earlier save but again, the problem persists when I get back to that area.

I tried deleting the game and reinstalling, no difference.

I am playing on standard so would have to do 1 or 2 more playthroughs anyway, but I don't want to start over again if the same thing is gonna happen.

What should I try? Start over? Delete all saves and start over? I have seen no mention of this issue anywhere.

Was looking forward to this game after enjoying the first, kinda zapped the fun out of it now.

Anyway, hope someone can offer some advice. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2023 at 1:26 AM, ElPeaJay said:

Resolved! I deleted the game again, reinstalled it but didn't update the game and now it's fine on my current save. Weird.

I have the exact same issue as you except I'm on Xbox Series X and my copy is digital. I tried everything from restarting a manual save, to deleting and reinstalling the game and it still doesn't work. I guess because it's downloading from the Microsoft store, it's automatically getting the update which is corrupted.

Your post is literally the only one I've seen on this 'falling through map' issue which is kind of strange, since it should be a common occurrence. If you, or anyone else has any ideas on how to fix it please let me know! In the meantime, I'm going to contact the developers to see if they're at least aware.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi NightvisionUK, sorry to hear you experienced the same bug as me. It is odd that there's no mention of it anywhere else!

Did you find a fix? I think my issue was that I started the game unpatched and then updated the game mid playthrough. So when I deleted it and didn't update, it was fine. Then on a subsequent playthrough, I updated prior to starting and it was okay.

That room, which failed to load, is totally different between the patched and unpatched versions.

I also had a bug with a collectible near there but can't really recall how I fixed it. I think it was an audio log or file called "doctors corpse", I picked it up but it had a different name. Think I got that trophy on the next playthrough.

Anyway, sorry it's a late response and not really of much help. Hope you got it sorted now.