Trouble with optional objective in ACIV Blackflag

I need help with the optional objective in the mission "Vainglorious Bastards". Specifically the first one in which you need to "damage the Royal African Pearl with an upgraded ram".

However I do it, it doesn't register the objective which keeps me from getting the platinum trophy. I tried to ram it normally, with the legendary ship ability and even tried to finish the ship off with a ram. My Jackdaw is completely upgraded by the way.

I hope you can help me, otherwise all the previous trouble would have been unnecessary :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2023 at 6:21 PM, Maxusman35 said:

I need help with the optional objective in the mission "Vainglorious Bastards". Specifically the first one in which you need to "damage the Royal African Pearl with an upgraded ram".

However I do it, it doesn't register the objective which keeps me from getting the platinum trophy. I tried to ram it normally, with the legendary ship ability and even tried to finish the ship off with a ram. My Jackdaw is completely upgraded by the way.

I hope you can help me, otherwise all the previous trouble would have been unnecessary :(

Did you figure it out?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 7:22 PM, RayShuttlesworth said:

Did you figure it out?

Sadly not. I think this bug or glitch, whatever you wanna call it, locks me out of getting this trophy. Just moved on to the next games.

I read about this problem in other forums too, seems like Ubisoft doesn't really care because this hasn't been patched all this time. Also think they won't ever do it.