Glitched Trophies

fragilehope

As it's not made clear within any trophy guides I've seen, and I've only been able to locate this information when searching for information on specific trophies, I thought it'd be useful to list some trophies that are known to be glitched in this game in an effort to help people avoid potentially locking themselves out. 

Unfortunately I had a glitched trophy and didn't notice until it was too late, resulting in me working on my second playthrough now just to get that one missed trophy.

So, to my understanding, the only trophies that seem to be glitched are story and battle related trophies. As such, I'd highly recommend saving BEFORE the battle/story event when you can and if the trophy doesn't pop you can just reload it and try again.

These are the story/battle event trophies listed in order of when you'd acquire them and the location (SPOILER ALERT):

• The Right Thing (Clear the Besaid Cloister of Trials) - Besaid Island
• All Together (All party members come together) - After crossing the Moonflow
• Heartstrings (View the "Underwater Date" scene) - Macalania Woods, second visit after escaping Via Purifico in Bevelle
• Overcoming the Past (Defeat Yunalesca) - Zanarkand Ruins
• The Destination of Hatred (Defeat Seymour Omnis) - Inside Sin
• The Eternal Calm (Defeat Yu Yevon) - Inside Sin
• Perseverance (Defeat Penance) - Optional/Non-Story: Superboss after defeating all Dark Aeons
• Overcoming the Nemesis (Defeat Nemesis) - Optional/Non-Story: Superboss after getting 10 of each fiend for Monster Arena and defeating all Area Conquest, Species Conquest and Original fiends.

All of the above trophies are several hours of gameplay apart. For example, the trophy that glitched for me causing a second playthrough was defeating Yunalesca. I now have to do a 30-40 hour playthrough to get to that stage of the game and also be strong enough to defeat her.

Also, as I saw it asked in a few other places dotted about online, using Zanmato with Yojimbo will have no effect on whether or not the trophy pops. I tested this myself with Nemesis when it didn't pop the first time, so can confirm you're welcome to use that to defeat the bosses if you wish.

To my knowledge, all of the other trophies aren't glitched so should pop provided you reach all of the requirements.

• Like 2