Supermep's Alphabet challenge journey & other random trophy nonsense

Super_Mep

Hey all, never made one of these posts before so please bare with me here. I wanted to document my journey on doing an alphabet challenge where you platinum every letter and one number game in a row. I decided to do it backwards so that way it would show up in proper order when my profile is in the default view of last played.

I will mention while I'm not actively working on any other games at this time I do start some future letters in advance while I'm still working on another letter. This is mostly because some of the games I'm playing with my wife(so only when we're both available) or two so far were VR games and I can only do VR for so long before I need a break.

Anyways without further ado I will list the games I've picked and review the game/platinum on the ones I've finished.

Not completed yet

#- 41 hours 

spacer.png

It seems like it might be a decent indie shooter but only time will tell!

A- A Plague Tale: Requiem

spacer.png

I loved the first one and from what I've seen I will enjoy this one too!

B- Batman: The Enemy Within

spacer.png

Again another sequel to a game where I really enjoyed the original. Plus I'm a huge Batman fan.

C- Control

spacer.png

It's made by one of my favorite developers (Remedy) and it's been on my play list for a long time. Really excited about this one.

D- Deliver Us The Moon

spacer.png

This has been on my play list for awhile now. So might as well give it a go!

E- Endling: Extinction is Forever

spacer.png

Looks like a fun puzzle platformer game. Seen a lot of good reviews about it too!

F- Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R

spacer.png

Ridiculous name? ✔️

Poorly reviewed? ✔️

Hilariously bad gameplay, story graphics and sound? ✔️✔️✔️✔️

Hell yeah let's do this for... FAMILY!!

G- Undecided! Need to decide soon I'm rapidly approaching G!!

H- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

spacer.png

I've started this one already and enjoying it so far. Will update once completed. Also sidebar this will be my 150 Platinum!!

Next post will be the ones I've completed so far.

Edited by Super_Mep
  • Like 2

Games completed so far:

I- I.Q. Intelligent Qube

spacer.png

So ill admit this is a second stack because I did this once before on the PS5 version. This is the PS4 version. There's no difference between the versions that I noticed. I won't apologize for using this for I because I love this game and remember playing it on a demo disc on my PS1 that I got from Pizzahut. I remember it only having the first two stages that I would play over and over again. Obviously the ability to rewind makes this platinum pretty much a gimmie but I made sure to perfect every single wave till the end anyways. Highly recommend. 9/10.

J- Jigsaw Puzzle Fever

spacer.png

This one is obviously a phone game ported to PlayStation, poorly. The controls are jumpy and just too slow. Especially frustrating when there are some time based trophies. All in all the platinum wasn't extremely hard but I can't say I'd recommend this one. Still gets points because it works mostly and none of the trophies glitched. 3/10.

K- Kinduo

spacer.png

Grubby platinum? Sure is. But honestly this is a game that would have done well on the original Gameboy. The puzzles are pretty easy but there were a few I had to restart because I messed up. For $1.99 it's kinda hard to not recommend this. It's cheap, lasts about an hour so I'll be generous and give it a 6/10. 

L- Lego Movie: The Videogame

spacer.png

Not going to lie and say I'm not a sucker for Lego games. A quick glance at my profile and that would be quickly determined. However I can easily say this was my least favorite finished Lego game. Lego Worlds takes the top spot as my least favorite ever but that's a discussion for another day. I never saw this movie so I have literally no idea what's going on here. And the cutscenes were painful so we started skipping them pretty much right away. The game feels sluggish almost as though it's not running even a solid 30 FPS. The hub worlds, while small, were annoying to finish and spreading the level start points throughout was a very odd design choice. I don't understand why there's not a spot to just jump to any level you want. Also this is just a gripe that I know is just because the age of the game but not having the ability to start the levels from certain points sucks when you miss a mini kit in a falling section or whatever. I hate to do this to a Lego game but I'm going to say I won't recommend it. 4/10.

M- Medievil

spacer.png

Ah nostalgia here we go again. Loved this game on the PS1 but I'll definitely admit I never finished it as a kid. I still love this game and they definitely improved the game tremendously over the original. I will say the inclusion of those lost souls felt unnecessary and made the platinum drag. What's really cool is after you get the platinum you unlock the original PS1 game so that's a huge bonus. Highly recommend it but I'll be humble and only give it a 7/10.

N- New Super Lucky's Tale

spacer.png

This cute platformer does it all right. It's not too hard, the levels are concise and quick, and the collectibles are manageable and not a convulated mess. The controls are tight and the graphics are pretty decent. And best of all it doesn't overstay it's welcome. Highly recommend. There were a couple trophies that were kind of a pain but I eventually got them. 8/10

O- Omno

spacer.png

Meh. It's a forgettable puzzle platformer that tried really hard to be Journey. Not saying I hated it by any means but was let down afte reading raving reviews. It's really easy and quick though so it's still worth a play worst case you don't like it and you can still finish it quickly 5/10. 

P- Pistolwhip

spacer.png

Wow I love this game. One of my go-to games to show off how cool VR is on PlayStation. Getting some of these trophies had me pouring sweat and having to take breaks to catch my breath. The gunplay is fantastic and the graphics while minimalistic are great to look at. The music isn't my style but I still enjoy it for what it is. Highly recommend! 9/10.

Q- Quake II

spacer.png

So as weird as this sounds I'd never played Quake II before this. I'd played the first one a bit and Quake 3 Arena hundreds of hours so it was definitely time to get this one under my belt. It's obviously a product of it's time. But it's still decent fun. I particularly enjoyed that there was no difficulty trophies so I could just enjoy the game. I'll give this one a recommendation for any old school shooter fans. 7/10.

R- Riverbond

spacer.png

I definitely did not expect to like this one as much as I did but here we are. I actually wished the game was longer. It felt very similar to Minecraft Dungeons which I love but was shocked to find out this actually came out prior to Minecraft Dungeons. It's fun, easy to pickup and definitely doesn't overstay it's welcome. Highly recommend to any ARPG fan. 8/10.

S- Submerged: Hidden Depths

spacer.png

So I played the original and really enjoyed it a few years ago. So I decided to give this a whirl. It's really just more of the same and way too many collectibles. I spent about 3 hours playing the game and the rest of the time just mindlessly finding and collecting the collectibles. Graphics are good and sound as well. There's a story here but it's very meh. I'd say give it a pass. 5/10.

T- The Suicide of Rachel Foster

spacer.png

I enjoy walking simulator games and this one is definitely in that category. Now I've played better ones than this and worst ones. The story was decent enough but the real shine here is the big place you get to explore. I enjoyed wandering around and memorizing the layout like it was a real place. Reminds me a lot of Gone Home which still is one of my favorite walking simulators. I know there's some controversy surrounding this game so I'll skip commentary on that but if you like walking simulators it's worth a go! 6/10.

U- Unpacking

spacer.png

Never played anything like this before and I really hope it gets some DLC or a sequel. I mean you just unpack rooms but man is it fun and addicting. Highly recommend it for everyone. 9/10.

V- Vacation Simulator 

spacer.png

I loved the original and this one is so much fun. So much more to do and mess around with here. But those sandcastles and ice sculptures can honestly pound sand. They were ridiculous and way too many of them. Other than that I really liked this still. 7/10.

W- We Were Here Expeditions: The Friendship

spacer.png

I love love love this series. And I love this shorter format as well. I'll gladly play these shorter experiences along with the longer ones as well. The puzzles in this game were so much fun and different than we've seen in the previous entries. I can't recommend this series or this game enough. Even if you aren't a big fan of puzzle games you gotta give this a try, especially this one since it's much shorter than the others. 10/10.

X- Xing: The Land Beyond

spacer.png

If you can't tell I'm a big fan of puzzle games but this one missed the mark. It dragged on far too long, the difficulty was all over the place and it seemed like it couldn't decide what style of puzzle game it wanted to be. Also I'm not sure what it was about this game but it almost gave me motion sickness. My wife (who usually watches all the puzzle games) couldn't watch this one at all. It wasn't terrible but can't say I'd recommend it. Also at one point a puzzle glitched out requiring the game to be shut down even though the creator touts that the puzzles can't be broken and don't require resets. Though I'll admit it glitched because the object I needed to place just fell through the floor gone forever haha. 5/10.

Y- Yoko & Yuki: Dr. Rat's Revenge

spacer.png

Trashy grubby game. Puzzles and gameplay were blah. I'll be honest Y was a really hard letter to pick for so I settled on this garbage. Sorry :-/. 2/10.

Z- Zombo Buster Rising

spacer.png

It's basically a phone game. But I actually enjoyed it. It's pretty fast and the controls were decent. Z was another difficult letter to pick for but I actually didn't hate this game. 6/10.

Ok whew! I'll continue to update as I finish more of the challenge!

Edited by Super_Mep
Finished adding completed games.
  • Like 3

Update for 11/27/23:

H- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

spacer.png

As previously mentioned this game got to take my 150th Platinum. And boy am I happy it did. This game is phenomenal. The atmosphere, sound design and graphics are mind-blowing for a game from 2017. The story is captivating and thought provoking and the combat, while simple, is still exciting enough to keep my interest. The song that plays during the final battle was epic and there's only ever been one other game that a final battle song stuck with me and that was in Max Payne 3 in the airport battle. I highly recommend everyone plays this game!! As far as the trophies are concerned everything is just story related other than one missable collectible trophy. But honestly the collectibles were pretty much in the open barring a few sneaky hidden ones. 10/10.

• Like 1

Update for 11/29/23

G- Geometric Sniper

spacer.png

So this was a strange one for sure. It plays well enough but this one definitely feels like another phone game. The finding mode was quaint at first then became infuriating when it wasn't registering shots. It's not super difficult by any means just time consuming when you were almost done then miss a shot and have to start over. I didn't hate it I didn't love it. It's really cheap though so it gets an extra point for that. 5/10

Edited by Super_Mep
Typo
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2023 at 5:51 PM, Super_Mep said:

Hey all, never made one of these posts before so please bare with me here.

People, don't take off your clothes! He means "bear" as in the creature in his avatar with the bat! Sheesh!

(Sorry, I had to do that. I can't help it whenever someone puts the wrong word in or auto-correct decides to mess with you.) :lol:

Nice list with a lot of good games, though I'm not interested in many of them. Unpacking is a great chillax game and while I did play The LEGO Movie videogame on an older account, I didn't really like the cutscenes, but then again I'm not into deathtrap drama even though I know the deathtrap will be thwarted, they really pulled at your heart-strings there. Wyldstyle is one of my favorite LEGO characters and glad she got into LEGO Dimensions... which I will never play as it costs $2000 to get all the trophies. <_<

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

People, don't take off your clothes! He means "bear" as in the creature in his avatar with the bat! Sheesh!

(Sorry, I had to do that. I can't help it whenever someone puts the wrong word in or auto-correct decides to mess with you.) :lol:

Nice list with a lot of good games, though I'm not interested in many of them. Unpacking is a great chillax game and while I did play The LEGO Movie videogame on an older account, I didn't really like the cutscenes, but then again I'm not into deathtrap drama even though I know the deathtrap will be thwarted, they really pulled at your heart-strings there. Wyldstyle is one of my favorite LEGO characters and glad she got into LEGO Dimensions... which I will never play as it costs $2000 to get all the trophies. <_<

I saw another typo that I also haven't fixed yet but I think I'll just leave it haha. Oh I know Lego dimensions is nuts I'll pass on that too.

Update for 12/2/23

F- Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R

spacer.png

Wow what can I say, it's a kart racer with strange cars in the fast & furious universe?

Music? 💩

Tracks? 💩

Powerups? 💩

Graphics? 💩

Fun? 👎

So bad it's good? Nah. Give this one a pass. All the trophies worked as expected though so it gets points for that. 4/10.

• Like 1

Update 12/8/23

E- Embers of Mirrim

spacer.png

What's this? I deviated from my original game!? I know I picked Endling, but I kept looking through the E games list over and over and stumbled upon this game. I really didn't want to play it yet as I just did Seasons of the Fall not too long ago and it just felt to similar to me. I almost didn't do it because of the $15 price tag compared to the free cost of Endling but man am I glad I did. 

This is by is by far the most original game I've played all year. The puzzle mechanics seamlessly blending with the platforming aspect is beyond creative and by golly it's fun too. The main schtick is that you can separate into two different embers (floating orb things) then control them independently with each stick. Even till the end my brain was struggling to make those independent orbs do what I wanted (they loved making them have to switch directions on the fly as your running away from something or whatever). 

Outside of the main schtick there's also boss battles that again incorporate the platforming with the ember mechanics and I loved each and every different boss. Plus they didn't stick to the usual three hits and you won routine which I actually thought was cool.

I think the graphics are pretty damn good for an older indie title and there was honestly a few scenes that actually looked really well done. The art style is moody and atmospheric but goes well with the general mood of the game.

Music is good and at times really helps set the mood for the crazy paced platforming you'll be doing.

Trophy wise most are story and unmissable. There are a few do this x amount of times but those all popped organically without having to grind them. You can play on easy the whole ride which if you can handle Hard mode I commend you because even on easy it was definitely challenging. I will admit they were very generous with the checkpoints so that helped a lot. The missible trophies involve rescuing your "friends" that are somewhat hidden but I only missed one that I had to back track for.

The glyphs are the only other missible items for trophies. I found quite a few on my own by going off the beaten path but the final ones I had to go back for I followed a guide and honestly probably would have never found on my own. The glyphs are just ember puzzles ish but it's not so much a puzzle as connect the dots but the patterns get crazy hard near the end. There was one in particular I spent a good 15 minutes trying over and over but I got it finally. There's a chapter select (thank God) but some of these chapters are pretty long and some places you can't backtrack after progressing. So if you miss something you'll be starting that chapter over again. And yes the chapter select shows you what you are missing!!

I experienced no bugs, no crashes, it runs at a solid 60 fps (as far as I can tell) so this is a very solid indie puzzle/platformer. I have no clue what's going on story wise. There are plenty of pretty decent cutscenes in the game (all skipable of course).

I really can't think of any cons on this one. 10/10. Highly recommend for any puzzle platformer fan!!

Update 12/10/23

D-Deliver Us The Moon

spacer.png

I've had this one downloaded for awhile and knew I wanted to play it so it was perfect for D! I must say I haven't sat down and played a game to the end in one sitting this this in a long time but the story and gameplay had me hooked. Stayed up way too late playing this haha. But cleaned up the remaining trophies today. 

I think the graphics for an indie title are actually quite well done and as already mentioned the story was very well done. The music and ambient noises sounded phenomenal on my surround sound especially late last night as I was fixing up the moon base.

None of the puzzles were too difficult and they almost all had the "aha!" moments to them. So they were very satisfying to complete.

Trophy wise it's your standard affair of collectibles and doing a specific task (like bringing a power cell with you along your journey). The only mildly annoying one was where you had to sit for 30 mins on the moon vehicle but I just took a break while that happened haha. 

All in all I strongly recommend it. It didn't overstay it's welcome running at around 6 ish hours plus a little time for cleanup. 9/10.

Update 12/15/23

C-Control

spacer.png

At this rate I might finish this challenge before the new year woohoo! So lets talk about Control. As of this writing I only have a few DLC trophies left in The Foundation DLC. Already finished the Altered Events DLC. 

Let me start by saying I really really enjoy the gameplay. Floating around with a shield then throwing it at a baddie then picking up a forklift and throwing it at another baddie is pretty bad ass. The gun modes are interesting but I found myself using basically just Spin and the original one the most until I got Surge from the Altered Events DLC. Jesse handles really well, I might even say...the controls are good 😅.

The regular music is good but none of the licensed music resonated with me unfortunately. The graphics are super impressive even for being a few years old. I did opt to play on performance mode because I found the lag on graphics mode was getting me killed too much. 

Now with all that said I want to admit something. I have no fucking clue what's going on. I tried so hard. I didn't skip any of the cutscenes and I read some of the collectibles but man is this story tough for me to follow. I'm sure there's plenty of people who get it and understand but I am not one of those people. It reminded me of the movie Tenet which I shut off after 30 minutes. And to be honest I would have shut this off too if it wasn't for the bombastic set pieces and the awesome fighting in this game.

The ashtray maze in particular was a major highlight of the game for me. And I actually enjoyed the Altered Events DLC. The Foundation DLC is dragging for me an dreadfully boring but I'll finish it. 

I'll give it a 7/10. I'm not upset I played it but a little let down that the story was so non sensical. Also I'll add that Remedy tried really hard to keep you engaged for end game since they added so many things you can do (jukebox, bureau alerts, arcade machine etc). But I think once I have the final DLC trophy I'll just delete and move on. I'd probably play a sequel if there ever is one though. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update 12/25/23

B- Batman: The Enemy Within

spacer.png

Merry Christmas everyone!

First of all I'll say I love every TellTale game I've played. Some more than others (looking at you Game of Thrones) this one however takes the crown from Tales of the Borderlands. The gameplay and graphics are the usual affair that we expect from these games. But good God the story was awesome. A completely different take on Joker and Harley Quinn was so refreshing. Was rooting for Joker most of the game! Also loved that this was the darkest and most violent outing in the Batman universe I've seen. I don't want to spoil any details but I strongly recommend you play this even if you don't enjoy the TellTale games usually. I'll also mention I didn't really remember the first one very well but was still able to jump right into this one. 8/10.

Update 12/28/23

A- Ape Escape

spacer.png

Another deviation and quite honestly I regret my decision. I was running out of time so I figured trying to rush A Plague Tale Requiem would be a shame so I settled on this. The controls in this game are a hot mess. The only reason I was able to finish this was abusing the fuck out of the rewind feature. It starts out fun but the last few missions drag on and on. And the last level is just ridiculously long. I wish I enjoyed this more but I have no nostalgia for this game as I only ever played a demo as a kid. I really can't recommend this one. 5/10.

Alphabet challenge finished!! 12/28/23.

Started on 9/21/23.

Final game.

#- 41 Hours

spacer.png

So the story here is weird and I started skipping it pretty early on. The graphics are very dated by today's standards but still serviceable. Honestly this game was trying to be crysis mixed with half life 2. There were box puzzles to reach higher places and you had some powers akin to crysis (going invisible, slowing time, etc). 

It's not a terrible game but it definitely drags on far too long. Also the levels are gigantic and mostly empty except for ammo and health strewn about everywhere. The landscapes actually reminded me of serious sam games but without all the high octane shooting and one liners.

The guns felt okay but mostly ended up using the xm8 because it was the only one that didn't feel like a squirt gun. If there was any music I don't remember it at all and the sound effects got the job done. It's sad I actually enjoyed a shooter game from 1997 way more than this even with all the technology at their fingertips.

Perhaps if this had been polished more it could have been better? 🤷‍♂️ Ending on a bad note but whatever. 4/10. 

Guess I'll follow suit with everyone else and do a 2023 wrap up post.

First off 2023 was a weird year for me as there were several months I barely gamed or didn't game at all because of buying our house and renovatating it all while still working 40-50 hours a week. Then the big move in and unpacking!

Outside of all that excitement my year in gaming started off well since we bashed through Hogwarts Legacy right as it launched. Then right after the move was done we jumped into Diablo 4 and let me tell you the house projects came to a screeching halt. If we weren't working or dealing with our kids we were playing Diablo 4. Oodly enough even now I still like Diablo 3 better but I still really enjoyed it.

I'd also like to mention I spent a significant amount of time earlier this year getting as many trophies as I could in Battlefield Bad Company. I actually really enjoyed the multiplayer and bummed I can't play it anymore. I got quite a few of the trophies but I knew there was no way I'd get the 10000 kills in time and I'm okay with that. I do need to go back and finish the single player on hard to finish out the last remaining obtainable trophies. RIP Bad Company you were a gentleman and a scholar.

Then of course the alphabet challenge started. Got to play a lot of great games (some were already on my backlog some were surprises) and of course a few stinkers as well. I think my favorite part of the challenge was never playing the "what should I play today" game. I had to strategize when to play VR games and making sure I didn't accidentally finish one letter too soon as I needed a little variety as I was doing this challenge. Plus the VR games added an extra layer of complexity to it because I can only do VR for so long and I have the PS4/VR1 and PS5 with VR 2 in the basement gaming room so making sure the kids were in bed before I played was crucial.

Anyways without further ado let's hand out some awards!! Obviously these games are all over the place in age but I'll still rank them based on my experiences!

Best Graphics-

Nominee #1- Control

spacer.png

Nominee #2- Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

spacer.png

Nominee #3- Hogwarts Legacy 

spacer.png

Winner- Control

spacer.png

WIth all the environments you can destroy and the crazy reflections and particle effects it's hard to not pick this game. It's beyond beautiful to look at and one of the main reasons I stuck with it. Also the way they overlay video into the gameplay is outstanding (only ever seen that done before with Hellblade). 

Best music-

Nominee #1- Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

spacer.png

Nominee #2- Pistol Whip

spacer.png

Nominee #3- Dear Esther Landmark Edition

spacer.png

Winner- Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice

spacer.png

I've literally put this games soundtrack into my Spotify rotation it's just that good. My wife did too! It's dark, eerie, mysterious and well done. Give it a listen even if you don't want to play the game!

More to come in next post!

Edited by Super_Mep
Typo

Awards continued...

Most innovative gameplay-

Nominee #1- Toem

spacer.png

Nominee #2- Unpacking

spacer.png

Nominee #3- We Were Here Expeditions 

spacer.png

Winner- Unpacking

spacer.png

While I can definitely say I've never played a game like Toem before Unpacking is also a game I've never experienced before so it wins by a narrow margin. Unpacking was the most Zen game I've ever played and I really wish there was more!! 

Best Multiplayer-

Nominee #1- Diablo 4

spacer.png

Nominee #2- Minecraft Dungeons 

spacer.png

Nominee #3- We Were Here Together 

spacer.png

Winner- Diablo 4

spacer.png

We Were Here here just barely missed this one but Diablo 4's ease of starting parties with friends and randoms alike is undeniably easy and fun. Taking on a world boss with a bunch of people is also a lot of fun.

Best game of 2023-

Nominee #1- Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

spacer.png

Nominee #2- Hogwarts Legacy 

spacer.png

Nominee #3- Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice 

spacer.png

Nominee #4- Diablo 4

spacer.png

First up Runner Up-

spacer.png

Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart

I absolutely loved this game. The graphics were great and the mechanics of portaling all over the place was cool as hell. The guns felt great and I loved all the locations and missions. There was plenty of variety in this and I can definitely see me going back to play it again someday. In hindsight I think I should have included this game in the best graphics category but oh well too late now!

And without further ado the winner is....

spacer.png

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice 

If you happened to read my review of the game after I played it I think I made it very clear it was the best game I played all year and quite honestly is probably in my top 5 games of all time now. The graphics, story, music, gameplay, length it hits on all marks. I wish I could experience it again for the first time. Can't wait for the sequel!!

Thanks everyone for reading all my nonsense and I look forward to continuing to post my trophy shenanigans here in 2024!

spacer.png

• Like 3

spacer.png

So 2024 is here and I've decided it's time to tackle my PS3 backlog. I have plenty of obtainable trophies on PS3 and quite a few platinums I know I can get so here we go!

Fully obtainable with platinum (and achieveable per my skill level/ability to suffer through)-

Katamari Forever- 91% two trophies left

God of War- 80% four trophies left

Batman Arkham Asylum - 78% seven trophies left

Uncharted 1- 75% seven trophies left

Diablo 3 ROS- 64% ten trophies left

Deadpool- 55% seventeen trophies left

Tony hawk HD - 44% seven trophies left

Dungeon siege 3- 34% thirty eight trophies left

Payday 2- 34% twenty three trophies left

Enemy Front- 27% thirty four trophies left

God of War 2- 21% twenty two trophies left

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor- 7% forty six trophies left

Borderlands 2- 2% forty nine trophies left

spacer.png

Now I have a few 100% I'd like to go for as well-

Family Feud- 73% three trophies left

Who wants to be a millionaire - 70% four trophies left

Blood Knights- 45% five trophies left

spacer.png

And rounding off the list are games that I know I can get some trophies but definitely can't get the platinum/💯 due to servers being offline or I know my skill level or perseverance isn't up to snuff.

Battlefield Bad Company- 78%

Uncharted 2- 80%

Heavy Rain- 58%

Portal 2- 57%

Batman Arkham City- 45%

Uncharted 3- 43%

Beyond Two Souls- 31%

Lord of the Rings Conquest - 27%

Quantum Conundrum - 22%

Little Big Planet - 21%

Brain Challenge - 19%

Dues Ex Human Revolution - 18%

Gran Turismo 5- 14%

Red Dead Redemption - 11%

Army of Two 40th Day- 10%

GTA 5- 9%

Max Payne 3- 7%

Assassin's Creed 3- 3%

Whew. I definitely have a lot of doable trophies and some are going to be a grind but I'm looking forward to getting these off my backlog so maybe I can finally retire my PS3. She's getting old and tired! So let's see what I can get done this year!

spacer.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

spacer.png

Wow. So I decided to go back to God of War 2 to work on trophies on my PS3. Getting all the collectibles and story trophies wasn't too bad. Was a shame I had to start from scratch even though my save file from 2015 was 3/4 done but I had missed too many collectibles. But! When it came to the challenges of the titans I wanted to rip my hair out. The only saving grace was that you could take a break between each one. I finally did it then said fuck it I'll try God of War 1.

All I had left in the first one was maxing everything out, the speed run trophy and the challenge of the Gods. Oh my God was that brutal. I breezes through the first couple thinking okay maybe people exaggerated how tough this was. Got through some more difficult ones watching videos and trying over and over. Then came number 10...

spacer.png

I tried for hours on end. Left my PS3 running and took breaks. Over and over and over. I fell to my knees when I finally got it by sheer luck. Then like a complete idiot decided to go for the max out trophy and speed run in one go without having played the game since 2014. So I had no clue how to beat the bosses or solve any of the puzzles. So all I had to do was beat it under five hours no big deal right? Well if I knew what the fuck I was doing sure haha. I found that I would figure out what to do or where to go then restart my checkpoint so I could just blow through it. All said I completed it in 4 hours 8 minutes. But it was much longer than that in reality. I can't believe I finally Platinum'd these two games. I am a big fan of them but those challenges can seriously pound sand. I have an unopened copy of God of War 3 but I don't think I can bring myself to do it. At least not now...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm making some pretty good progress on my PS3 backlog. With God of War 1/2 complete I decided to do the unthinkable.

I circled back to Shadow of Mordor PS3.

spacer.png

I thought it's basically Assassin's Creed and Batman Arkham games blended into one. Why did I never finish it?

After booting it up after all these years I knew within 30 seconds why I gave up on it. It has to be most poorly optimized game I have ever played. The frame rate is under 20 most of the time, there's 30 seconds to one minute of load time just to open the map (which in a collectathon game is a cardinal sin), the screen tearing is unreasonable, because of the bad frame rate QTEs are SO difficult, the pop in and textures take forever to load in, the game is just ugly as fuck (God of War looked better and it's a PS2 game 😂) and the audio stutters constantly.

spacer.png

So I grit my teeth and dove in. I will admit the game itself is actually really good. That's the only reason I was able to preservere through this mess of a port. The collectibles weren't too many, the combat was fun and I actually used a lot of the new things I could do where some games I rarely use the extra moves you learn. The story was passable and the run time even with all the trophies wasn't too bad. It was made during that everything is brown and hazy phase though so that kinda sucked.

Would I recommend this?

spacer.png

But I would recommend playing the PS4 version. Which now I want to do at a later date since I had such a poor experience with this. I got the platinum but man it was brutal.

Also fun fact the next game I opened afterwards was God of War 2018 and I was like "ahh my eyes it's too bright and colorful and fast" 🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

spacer.png

Sorry it's been a minute. But I've done some things!

First off I hunkered down and got the platinum and 💯 in Star Wars Battlefront 1.

spacer.png

I did a huge chunk of it organically but ended up boosting some of the more time consuming trophies at the end. Battlefront is notorious for having some grindy trophies and a lot of the modes are dead so I'm super excited to finally have it done! My favorite part was I ended up making some new friends and we've since went on to grind/boost some other games together and we have a whole laundry list of games we're gonna attempt to tackle. I also wrote my first ever mini guide so I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment and hope it helps someone else finish those difficult trophies.

spacer.png

Speaking of which with that said new group of friends I also was able to get the platinum and 💯 in Battlefield 1. Another game I never thought I'd ever finish! The single player was great but the multiplayer trophies were daunting but they helped me get them with ease. Also super relieved to finally have this one checked off my list for good!

Since completing that they convinced me to help them boost Battlefield 2042 which actually wasn't even on my profile or my radar but I enjoy playing games with them so it's all good. I'll try to be better about updating more often as things get accomplished.

spacer.png

Until next time friends!

• Like 1