Can ciphers and audio logs spawn behind locked optional doors (blue trinagle)??

mephisto3dg

Im missing only a few collectibles, 2 audio logs and maybe 4 ciphers for biome 2, 3 and 5. Searched a lot and found people saying yes and others claiming absolutely not except for biome 5 which is apparently a door required to get one of the keys to progress so I probably have that one already.

Any other tips greatly appreciated.

Also, i think im missing the xeno archives from biome 6 which i find kind of weird (those blue particles which end up resembling a scene of the severed).

Edited by mephisto3dg

On 12/27/2023 at 11:09 PM, mephisto3dg said:

Im missing only a few collectibles, 2 audio logs and maybe 4 ciphers for biome 2, 3 and 5. Searched a lot and found people saying yes and others claiming absolutely not except for biome 5 which is apparently a door required to get one of the keys to progress so I probably have that one already.

Any other tips greatly appreciated.

Also, i think im missing the xeno archives from biome 6 which i find kind of weird (those blue particles which end up resembling a scene of the severed).

You need to use the collectible guide. And I have made another post that match the numbers on the activity cards and the numbers in the collectible guide. Yes there's a new way to track your missing collectibles now. Sometimes, people are just checking the wrong rooms/areas. Even if you are exploring every room in every run, knowing where your targets are will save you time.

Back at your questions

I can confirm there's no cipher in locked triangle room except the one where you get Promethean Insulators (Biome 5, #1 in the guide).

Log #42 is in one of the triangle rooms in Biome 4, sometimes it's locked, sometimes it's not locked, sometimes it's barrier-ed by the orange barricade. But from my experience most players just got it without even noticing it. I have never met a guy had trouble with this log.

Which scene in biome 6 you are missing?

Scene 2 (AST-AX-AS2) needs grapple to reach. Left to it is Scene 1

At the other side, hopping onto the invisible platforms you will get Scene 4. Right to it is Scene 5

When you got all 4 scenes, you will get Scene 3 (AST-AX-AS3) in the center, a headless astronaut 

eBFXUQZ.jpg%C2%A0

Edited by archangeltw_

1 hour ago, archangeltw_ said:

You need to use the collectible guide. And I have made another post that match the numbers on the activity cards and the numbers in the collectible guide. Yes there's a new way to track your missing collectibles now. Sometimes, people are just checking the wrong rooms/areas. Even if you are exploring every room in every run, knowing where your targets are will save you time.

Back at your questions

I can confirm there's no cipher in locked triangle room except the one where you get Promethean Insulators (Biome 5, #1 in the guide).

Log #42 is in one of the triangle rooms in Biome 4, sometimes it's locked, sometimes it's not locked, sometimes it's barrier-ed by the orange barricade. But from my experience most players just got it without even noticing it. I have never met a guy had trouble with this log.

At the other side, hopping onto the invisible platforms you will get Scene 4. Right to it is Scene 5

When you got all 4 scenes, you will get Scene 3 (AST-AX-AS3) in the center, a headless astronaut 

eBFXUQZ.jpg%C2%A0

Yeah i was just playing casually tbh and when some collectibles started to get tedious i made the post, i need 2 cyphers in biome 2 and 3, log 48 on biome 5 i believe and lastly complete the xeno archives in biome 6, cant say for sure which im missing since im not on my console rn (i know im missing 2 from the database) but i guess it shouldnt be that hard to find, right now im doing constant runs of the 1st act to mop up those missing collectibles and then move on to the 2nd act.

I didnt felt like start speedrunning biome 1 and 2 skipping mobs but if those dont show up in the next few runs, will probably do that

Edited by mephisto3dg

3 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

Back at your questions

eBFXUQZ.jpg%C2%A0

I watched PSNP video and used your guide, my activty card must be bugged because it says im missing 12 and 20, which in PSNP video should be  15 and 7 respectively. got  12 room to appear, went to the location of the cipher and it was blacked out and couldnt grab it, so i already have that 1. Dang, will need to keep checking on my own i guess.

The green icon shows as soon as you enter the room or you have to go near it?

Edited by mephisto3dg

11 hours ago, mephisto3dg said:

I watched PSNP video and used your guide, my activty card must be bugged because it says im missing 12 and 20, which in PSNP video should be  15 and 7 respectively. got  12 room to appear, went to the location of the cipher and it was blacked out and couldnt grab it, so i already have that 1. Dang, will need to keep checking on my own i guess.

The green icon shows as soon as you enter the room or you have to go near it?

Could you pls check again? It's highly unlikely that I made a mistake when writing that post because I check all ciphers twice.

I went back to those places just now: it's #20 on activity card and #7 in the collectible guide

1cJlrfl.jpg%C2%A0

veXWDwk.jpg%C2%A0

qwn6WpM.jpg%C2%A0

Says Part 20 picked up

It's the other one, it's #12 on activity card and # 15 in the collectible guide. It's the only cipher that requires Delphic visor in Biome 2

JGWsyoL.jpg%C2%A0

gBVaJE4.jpg%C2%A0

DbPtFpP.jpg%C2%A0

Says Part 12 picked up

• Like 1

Yeah i got both of those yesterday, i realize now the video guide has them in different order than the written guide and that was the problem.

Cipher 12 might be specially missable since if you dont look up you might miss the entire platform, or perhaps the room is very rare.

Going to hunt the one im missing in biome 3 now and then just an audio log and an archive for biome 6. Probably going to keep playing the game but i just wanted to get this stuff out of the way.

Edited by mephisto3dg

1 hour ago, mephisto3dg said:

Yeah i got both of those yesterday, i realize now the video guide has them in different order than the written guide and that was the problem.

Cipher 12 might be specially missable since if you dont look up you might miss the entire platform, or perhaps the room is very rare.

Going to hunt the one im missing in biome 3 now and then just an audio log and an archive for biome 6. Probably going to keep playing the game but i just wanted to get this stuff out of the way.

I never recommend a video guide. I only suggest Optinooby‘s collectible guide, and a post I wrote to match the numbers in the game. Guides made by different people will have different orders for sure. If you are using a video guide you need to go the the author who made the video