Why this game looks so good on a PlayStation 5?

I'm currently playing the original (PS4) game and am amazed by the graphic quality and smoothness of the game itself.

As not everything is perfect, the combat is very experimental and primitive, compared to Batman: Arkham, and left something to be desired for me. The dodge button needs to be spammed the entire game and, instead of linking it to the X, they linked it to the O, which is on the opposite side of Square, giving me much less room to react. There's no way to change the buttons, baffling.

However, I don't understand why the game looks so much better graphically on my PlayStation 5 than on my (base) PlayStation 4. It never got a PS5 patch.

It's not just a matter of resolution, but the lighting especially becomes absurdly better; it's practically another game! Could anyone explain why?

I bought the PlayStation 5 on Black Friday and, to better follow the generational leap, I chose the Marvel's Spider-Man franchise, whose line-up aligns with my purpose.

I started with a PS4 native game (MSM), then I'll go to the PS5 version of a cross-gen title (MSM: Miles Morales) and finally a native PS5 game (MSM2).

Found this Forbes article: 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurnane/2018/09/06/marvels-spider-man-is-a-gorgeous-visual-showcase-on-the-ps4-pro/?sh=173bcc75103a

Resolution on the PS4 Pro ranged from 3456 x 1944 (81% of full 4K) to 2560 x 1368 (42%) in Digital Foundry’s tests. The low measurement did not occur often, and Digital Foundry estimates average resolution is approximately 2816 x 1584 (a bit less than 54%).

Other than the 60 frames per second (Performance mode) the PS4 Pro and PS5 "upgrade" are virtually the same! I'm very disappointed.

However, I cannot disregard the DLCs, that are included in the remastered version.