Vinland Hvallgrof key issue

Hi everyone !

I have a big issue in Vinland Hvallgrof… I can’t open the last chest I need for the trophy asking you to finish every location at 100% !

I killed the guard holding the key but he didn’t gave it to me… I didn’t remarked it first, so I kept playing like an idiot… When I realized I can’t open the chest it was already too late unfortunately.

So I’m here with my Assassin’s Creed Valhalla at 95% of trophies… I played 367h… and I can’t get my platinum trophy because of one little f key they never took The time to fix… this just awful !!!

I tried everything I found on YouTube but nothing worked, I already spent 20h trying to find a solution to get that key… Now I hate open worlds and I hate Ubisoft !!!

If someone know a solution to get that key please tell me ! Thank you.

I think about starting a new game and rush straight to Vinland to complete it at 100% ! keeping my other save where everything is already at 100% except Vinland, maybe the trophy will pop like that ? I don´t know if it is an obligation to get all territories 100% in one save or if it is possible with two different save…

7 hours ago, BIBFIVE5 said:

I think about starting a new game and rush straight to Vinland to complete it at 100% ! keeping my other save where everything is already at 100% except Vinland, maybe the trophy will pop like that ? I don´t know if it is an obligation to get all territories 100% in one save or if it is possible with two different save…

Unforunately this will not work, friend. :( I know it hurts, but it has to be all on one save.

I remember one thing, when I played the AC DLCs: I had this (<- click) glitch. I was unable to loot bodies on unstable ground. There was no prompt to pick up the item. Solution was to turn off the skill "Light Fingers" (Eivor will auto pick up items). I think this skill was in the yellow skill tree and was added later for free. Check if you use this skill. Ubi has adressed this glitch in their final update but maybe they forgot something. If you use the skill: Respec the "Light Fingers" Skill, create a new save game, close the game and the application, start game and click continue. Kill the guard that should give the key and check if you can loot it.

Another thing you can think about, is to use a cross save. Guide for cross save

You need AC for PC, this Ubiconnect-Whatever-App (or a Ubisoft Account where you connect your PS Account) and a PC save game, with at least one collectable to loot. Not sure if there is one available in the depth of the world wide web. I think a 100% PC save will not pop the trophy.

Thats it, what comes to my mind. :) Hope it helps a little bit.

Edited by Micola7h
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Micola7h said:

Malheureusement, cela ne fonctionnera pas, mon ami. :(Je sais que ça fait mal, mais il faut que tout se déroule sur une seule sauvegarde.

Je me souviens d'une chose, lorsque j'ai joué aux DLC AC : j'ai eu ce problème (<- clic). Je n'ai pas pu piller les corps sur un sol instable. Il n'y a eu aucune invite pour récupérer l'article. La solution consistait à désactiver la compétence "Light Fingers" (Eivor récupérera automatiquement les objets). Je pense que cette compétence figurait dans l'arbre de compétences jaune et a été ajoutée plus tard gratuitement. Vérifiez si vous utilisez cette compétence. Ubi a résolu ce problème dans sa mise à jour finale, mais peut-être qu'ils ont oublié quelque chose. Si vous utilisez la compétence : respécifiez la compétence "Light Fingers", créez une nouvelle sauvegarde, fermez le jeu et l'application, démarrez la partie et cliquez sur Continuer. Tuez le garde qui devrait donner la clé et vérifiez si vous pouvez la piller.

Une autre chose à laquelle vous pouvez penser est d’utiliser une sauvegarde croisée. Guide pour la sauvegarde croisée

Vous avez besoin d'AC pour PC, de cette application Ubiconnect-Whatever (ou d'un compte Ubisoft où vous connectez votre compte PS) et d'une sauvegarde PC, avec au moins un objet de collection à piller. Je ne sais pas s’il en existe un disponible dans les profondeurs du World Wide Web. Je pense qu'une sauvegarde 100% PC ne fera pas éclater le trophée.

Voilà, ce qui me vient à l'esprit. :)J'espère que ça aide un peu.

Thanks a lot for your answer and all your advices ! 😁👍

My problem is that the guard’s body isn’t on the map anymore… I tried the glitch we can find on YouTube… but like an idiot I didn’t kept a save with the body still present in Hvallgrof post… I don’t know what I was thinking about… now the guard who was holding the key completely disappeared… I found a solution to respawn enemies with their bodies ! But it’s too late for me unfortunately… bad luck twice 😭

If only I have found it before I would have been done with that trophy now !! But I did all mistakes I can do to ruin it… so disappointed of myself but much more of Ubisoft !!!

How they can sleep at night letting issues like this in their games… and they stopped the support like : it’s OK our game is over and perfect now ! They want their games to be like Witcher 3 but they will never be as good and perfect as The Witcher is !

I’m so angry, I spent 367 hours into this game !!! I can’t believe I will have to play that game 100% again just for that trophy… this is killing me I swear…

Unfortunately I don’t have a PC, just a MAC 😅 Thanks a lot again friend ! 🙏