DLC Information Guide- Runtime, Difficulty, etc

Tonight I finished the third DLC package from Lycoris, called Blooming of Matricaria. I'm planning to write a review of the game eventually, but for now, I'll share what I've learned thus far.

There are four DLC packages in the game.  In order to access this content, the main story must be cleared first. They should be played in this order:
-Ancient Apostles
-Blooming of Forget-Me-Not

-Blooming of Matricaria
-Extra character recruitment quests (Lv 120)

Ancient Apostles

Ancient Apostles is a series of boss-fight quests that open new areas, the majority of which have little else but monsters and treasure chests. This is the standard for all DLC areas. Areas for AA are highlighted in purple. Each quest features a different character who gets a unique weapon, costume, and armor after completion. This is available for free through a software update. The weapons and armor come into play later in Matricaria. Enemy levels start around 50, and end up around 90. Power-leveling with the Golden Apple skill is possible with a bit of patience. I would estimate these episodes take up about 10 hours in total.

Blooming of Forget-Me-Not

This DLC features individual short stories, each of which are about three hours or so long. New areas open up in which you'll just chase the plot around. The final chapter is a prolonged boss battle. If you cleared all AA missions before starting this, you shouldn't have much trouble with it. 

Blooming of Matricaria

Sequentially the third DLC in the game, this story features a continuing narrative for which multiple endings are possible in a variety of ways. I've only played it once through. A New Game Plus option is available to track down each ending. Enemies range from Level 90 to Level 117. A large underground dungeon is featured where you can collect materials to upgrade weapons and armor. At various times, the story forces you to fight without the protagonist. The most common character who takes charge is Bercouli. Leafa and Asuna also serve as temporary main characters. Upgrading their weapons and armor will help you get through the story.

Matricaria introduces a new character called Rogu.

Lv. 120 Recruitment Quests

Technically, these start at lower levels. I was able to recruit Rain and Strea from these until Premiere's story jumped me up in a big way. I encountered a lv 120 dragon while I was lv 59. Though I was able to defeat it, it doesn't seem like everyone will. Once sufficient level / power is acquired, these stories will not prove difficult.

Runtimes for Each

I kept track of the runtime for each segment of the game for a later review. I did a leisure playthrough in which nothing was rushed and I tried to experience a variety of things. Here is what I found:

Prologue / Chapter 1: 0 to 20 hours (20)

Main Story: 20 to 135 hours (115)

Post Game Content (Apostles and Lv 120 quests included): 135 to 190 hours (55)

Blooming of Forget-Me-Not: 190 to 214 (24 hours)
Blooming of Matricaria: 214 to 236 (22 hours)

The DLCs are most easily obtained when the Lycoris Deluxe Edition is on sale at a digital store. I purchased my copy for 19 dollars. 

Edited by WTrabex
  • Like 1