Help! I don't really understand why playing all mini-games is essential

Hey guys, I've been reading the guide here and on other sites and I must say that everything involving the mini-games confuses me. I understand that you earn some life shards from them you don't earn anywhere else but the wording indicates that you don't need to clear all mini-games. Like the guide here says that you get 3 pieces from the 3 different mini-games. Does that mean you get one per game, because if yes, why would I want to play various variations of let's say block defense if I needed to clear only one?

I also understand that you can earn blocks from mini-games but that again can be farmed by just doing the mini-game in the castle. So I don't see why exactly I do have to go through the trouble of finding and clearing every single variation of the game. The more I look into this the more it confuses me. So I'd be really grateful of somebody could provide some helpful feedback here.

It's been a while since I played but I think each minigame gives a sword when done. I played the EU version without the patch so I don't know if that changes anything other than the dash circuit times.

The Dash Circuit gave me the Wing Sword.

The Block Defense gave me the Wyrm Sword after doing all 5 stages without losing a life.

The Block Breaker gave me the Luck Mallet for doing all 5 stages without losing a ball.

Small Blocks aren't necessary, you can farm the tower minigame at the castle. It takes a while but is an infinite source.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoopdahoopla said:

It's been a while since I played but I think each minigame gives a sword when done. I played the EU version without the patch so I don't know if that changes anything other than the dash circuit times.

The Dash Circuit gave me the Wing Sword.

The Block Defense gave me the Wyrm Sword after doing all 5 stages without losing a life.

The Block Breaker gave me the Luck Mallet for doing all 5 stages without losing a ball.

Small Blocks aren't necessary, you can farm the tower minigame at the castle. It takes a while but is an infinite source.

Thank you sooo much mate. This finally is a good reason that explains why I should do them. Do you perhaps remember if I also have to do every block defense game/block breaker game at each available location or are they all the same?

Hey guys, I have another question that I've found conflicting information about online. Do only the swords that you purchase from King Block carry over to NG+ or any non story related swords?

I ask this because I'm still in my first run but close to the end. And I'm now contemplating whether to do all the mini-games now or not. I pretty much just have the minigames left to max my life bar which is why I would like to do it. But if it turns out that the swords don't carry over then I would have to do the mini-games all over again because I missed out on the Moon Sword.

So basically I just want to know if I can get swords rewarded for completing the mini-game's in this run and get everything else (including the Moon Sword) in NG+ and still earn the trophy to collect all swords. Or does everything (besides King Block's swords) have to be earning on the same run?

On 2/7/2024 at 11:10 PM, Ivotas said:

Hey guys, I have another question that I've found conflicting information about online. Do only the swords that you purchase from King Block carry over to NG+ or any non story related swords?

I ask this because I'm still in my first run but close to the end. And I'm now contemplating whether to do all the mini-games now or not. I pretty much just have the minigames left to max my life bar which is why I would like to do it. But if it turns out that the swords don't carry over then I would have to do the mini-games all over again because I missed out on the Moon Sword.

So basically I just want to know if I can get swords rewarded for completing the mini-game's in this run and get everything else (including the Moon Sword) in NG+ and still earn the trophy to collect all swords. Or does everything (besides King Block's swords) have to be earning on the same run?

In the US yes only the Block King swords carry over. I think it is the Japan version that has All swords carry over. So all mini-game swords have to be done on the same run.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pumpkin Head Cthulhu said:

In the US yes only the Block King swords carry over. I think it is the Japan version that has All swords carry over. So all mini-game swords have to be done on the same run.

Thanks for the feedack mate. That one really confused me.