Beating Expert Difficulty tips!

iP4rKzY95

This is probably the most annoying trophy left for me and I've found a way to beat the Grand Prix event on expert difficulty. First and foremost, you have to use Technique-Type characters such as Chao, Tails, Silver and Rouge to prevent slowing down to sands, water, lavas, grass and toxic goos or any kind of terrain in the game that will slow you down, but for my playthrough I've used Chao. If you struggle with some grand prix, try switching it up between Chao or Rouge, it helped me a little later around chapter 5-6. Here are the upgrades...

• Chao (Grand Prix events)

Front: Flash Bonnet or Legendary Flash Bonnet

Rear: Dinky Propeller or Legendary Dinky Propeller

Wheels: Zippy Wheels or Legendary Zippy Wheels

• Rouge (Grand Prix events)

Front: Feral Engine or LFE

Rear: Rogue Wings or LRW

Wheels: Heart Hubs or LHH

• Sonic  (Team Race)

Front: Hyper Engine or LHE

Rear: Turbo Jets or LTJ 

Wheels: Sonic Spinners or LSS

Since the A.I. in expert difficulty is annoying, you don't have to restart even if you and your team comes in 2nd and 3rd. As long as you beat them in terms of total points at the end of each race you should be okay. Let me give you an example, in the circuit track called Wisp Circuit. The A.I. in this track is super fast especially at the loop sections. Let's say you came in 2nd, your other team mates came in 3rd-5th. The next race, you won with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd podium. That should give you a leg up on points overall, the most important here is the total amount of points you gather during the span of 4 races. For normal team races, I'd recommend any speed characters such as Sonic. 

Team ultimate spamming. The fastest way to gain ultimate in this game is definitely spamming :circle:. After you past by the item marks with ( ? ) in the track, because it helps your team to gain his or her OWN ultimate making that character GO faster. You can also request an item after your teammates gets an item, gaining stars for your ultimate. Just keep spamming it back and forth. Give them an item for stars & and then request an item from your teammates then send it back for more stars. It also helps keeping the team ultimate if you are in 1st place. Just wait until the last lap and a few last corners and then you use it just to be safe against A.I. cheating by using the rocks that spawns in front of the pack, lightning ability that knocks you and your team out and other rivals using team ultimate. Taking out your rival gives stars too, when you get the missiles sometimes it gives you 3x the amount. Push down the :l3:⬇️ down and then press :cross: fire button, it will allow you to shoot missiles behind you. You don't have to aim, you just have to luckily hit somebody and you'll see "Rival Takedown!" to know if you hit them or their avatar will spin in the mini-map. This gives your teammates an opportunity to go past them. 

Learning shortcuts helps as well, I only used a few shortcuts, but it doesn't hurt to try and master all of them you're probably gonna go even faster. Practice, patience and you'll eventually unlock the 'Speed Painter' :bronze: trophy for beating all the GP and Races on expert difficulty! 

I hope it helps you. Send me a message here if it does.

Good luck!😊

~iP4rKzY95

spacer.png

Edited by iP4rKzY95
additional infos
  • Like 2