I simply can't book the Dark Knight

I'm really at lost here. I've googled like crazy and all the solutions I find seem to indicate that this is the easiest boss to book. HOW? I've been doing this two days straight and nothing what I do works. Many peopl say just to run into him because it will stun lock him, hit him and do it over again. I do understand what they mean as I managed to pull that off. However the problem is that this is not a strategy that I can do over and over again as he will hit me and not just one time. Even with all my health potions I keep dying to this guy before I successfully manage to kill him. So I really don't know what to do with this guy anymore. How does anyone book this guy in the bestiary easily? I just don't get this.

wish I could remember exactly how. I might have to replay the game to test it out.

Ok there are 2 options:

1: when he charges move to the side as he should only be able ot move in a straight line. Then you can book him from behind.

2: when he swings his sword use the shield to deflect his attack to stun him then book him.

This is from the video in the guide.

Edited by Pumpkin Head Cthulhu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Pumpkin Head Cthulhu said:

wish I could remember exactly how. I might have to replay the game to test it out.

Ok there are 2 options:

1: when he charges move to the side as he should only be able ot move in a straight line. Then you can book him from behind.

2: when he swings his sword use the shield to deflect his attack to stun him then book him.

This is from the video in the guide.

Thanks mate. Tried both approaches but for some reason the deflect doesn't always work and I do get hit even though I do the same thing I did when successfully deflecting.

In the end I managed to book him by getting a fourth bottle and trying with four health potions in total. Two days of just this nonesense really broke me.^^'

1 hour ago, Pumpkin Head Cthulhu said:

congrats, he might be the hardest to book if memory serves me.

He definitely was for me. The others I got mostly on the first try but this was insane. I found people online saying he was the easiest yet their strategies never worked for me. So glad this is over.