For those wanting to rush Yoko’s training

Kingdom Keeper

I’ve seen a few threads on this but none that offer concrete solutions. So I wanted to offer my own experience overcoming it.

The issue: Yoko needs Haruka to have at least 20000 yen for the hair salon. But if you’ve had difficulty collecting money so far, you may only have a little under 8000 after purchasing the meal in the previous training session. Based on what you have or haven’t done on the schedule board, you may find there is nothing to withdrawal at the ATM despite some jobs specifically mentioning a payout.

My theory is that what jobs actually pay is based on how this kind of thing would work in the real world. So hand-shaking events and street concerts are wholly self-promotion. You’re not getting paid because the agency and their benefactors are the ones running the event. Any money they earn goes towards the next event. Meanwhile, media spots are promotional on both sides. The media brand is supplying clout to your name but you’re also causing people to consume what’s being produced. Since the media company has no interest in your longterm support, they offer a flat payment directed to you, not the agency. So these are the jobs that actually have a payout.

To support this theory, I took on a few hand-shaking and street concert jobs. There was nothing waiting for me in the ATM afterwords. But once I did the first running girl and UFO Catcher jobs, I had enough money to pay for the salon treatment.  And I think doing this is much quicker than hoping to get payouts from street dances, which is another suggestion I’ve seen. Happy hustling, folks!