Rad Mode Tips

So I understand this isn't what's "supposed" to happen, but I've managed to complete all challenges and unlock Rad mode. Was really not sweating about it thinking "I've been stringing together perfect combos for the high scores all this time, this'll be a piece of piss"

Dunno if this is just hubris, but I cannot get these levels done for the life of me. I'm often falling at the very first landing! Sometimes it can take 5 or 6 failed runs before I can get the timing right to even manual. I am getting into the swing of things often times though, but it usually gets to a really high landing (like in the Aztec or Western levels) then I bail again. Applying the maths to it, if I do a perfect manual 50% of the time, and perfect land a high jump 10% of the time, the chance of getting through every single obstacle in one run seems infinitesimal.

Every guide I read says that the plat is as good as your at this point, or that Rad mode is way easier, and should only take a few hours. I've spent longer on Titan Sky world 4 pro than I did doing the challenges. After 8 or 9 hours struggling, I've only managed to do 9 levels, but have attempted many more than this.

Did anyone else struggle with this? At this point I'm tempted to transfer my save to the PS4 version in case the issue is that my vita buttons are in need of a clean

I think I'm past the hump now - 20 out of 50 rad level done including the last four Titan Sky Pro.

If future generations see this post and are in a similar situation, the game gets in your head. You haven't forgotten how to do perfect tricks, it's just highlighting how many you weren't getting before and ending the run. If you're like me you'll internalise this, but persevere - you'll get there. Perfect trick is now ALL you can focus on, so you're suddenly aware of when you aren't getting them is all.

But maybe dip a cotton bud in isopropyl alcohol and clean around the Vita joysticks. They're gross and I know it bugs you - it'll take two minutes and it'll play smoother, I promise

33 minutes ago, factualfiction said:

Haha, thanks - I did struggle with Rad mode (clearly) and not everyone finds it as easy as the guides make it out to be, but it's not as hard as getting all objectives. Don't worry if it takes a while, you'll get there

It can definitely get in your head since all of your focus has to go to making every landing perfect. Especially the higher up jumps where you can't see the ground under you immediately and then more or less have to gauge when to press a button are the most difficult ones for me. I'm doing this plat for the 3rd time, with just a few RAD levels left and I'm as good as done, but thanks for the encouragement!

This game gives me real liminal vibes as no one plays it anymore with like 5 people doing the Daily Grind a day. OlliOlli2 is a gem, albeit some mechanics admittedly feel jank. Not sure about World, might try that one out some day, the aesthetic doesn't really appeal to me.