Bramis Castle Door Bugged - Umbral Ending

Hey guys,

I'm currently doing a second NG+0 run to try and clear up the last remaining trophies. I've followed a guide to finish the Umbral ending and have also done The Iron Wayfarer's mission along the way.

I beat the Lightreaper at Calrath, and Iron Wayfarer near the Castle Door. Returned to the umbral guy in Mother's Lull, however I'm now getting an issue where whenever I click "interact" with the Bramis Castle Door to try and use the Withered Rune of Adyr, nothing happens and the game softlocks (have to close the game down to get back in)

Any way around this or am I screwed?

Things I've tried/checked already:

- No beacons lit/touched, I've beaten all the main bosses up to this point

- Damarose and Gerlindes seedpods done

- Closing the game and reopening multiple times

- Switching the console off and back on completely

- Going back to Mother's Lull; can't interact with the umbral guy again and can only make it to the second platform

- For some reason, The Iron Wayfarer was already in Feif and I was able to get Harkyn's Parasite from him, although I can't interact with the second pillar to give it to Molhu?

- I also noticed when I went back to the beacons that I still have the option to cleanse them, which I thought the Withered Rune locked you out of...?

I've seen reports of this bug from 4 months ago and thought it may have been fixed by now, but everything I've tried has been met with no success...

The only things I could think of trying is changing your graphics settings from quality to performance, or vice versa, and deleting your game and redownloading it. I haven't experienced this bug and haven't even seen it reported myself, so I'm not sure what else may work.

It may also be possible to delete the game and install the game from a disc, rather than download, to try progressing under a different patch, but i'm not sure your save file will load/be compatible with an older version of the game.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:41 PM, raithian25 said:

The only things I could think of trying is changing your graphics settings from quality to performance, or vice versa, and deleting your game and redownloading it. I haven't experienced this bug and haven't even seen it reported myself, so I'm not sure what else may work.

It may also be possible to delete the game and install the game from a disc, rather than download, to try progressing under a different patch, but i'm not sure your save file will load/be compatible with an older version of the game.

Hey mate,

Yeah I already tried fiddling with the graphic settings, no dice unfortunately.

I'm apprehensive about deleting the game as I've seen reports that people's save files won't work once they've done that. There's been quite a few people reporting the issue over on Reddit and I've made the devs aware of it, so hopefully they will find some way to resolve it one way or another...

I encountered this glitch on my recent Umbral ending run (second playthrough, NG+0) but managed to resolve it. The solution involved reloading my save prior to the Iron Wayfarer encounter and performing a series of steps with game restarts after each major event:

1. Defeat the Iron Wayfarer, save the game, then restart.
  2. Deliver the Rune of Adyr at Mother's Lull, save the game, then restart.
  3. Use the teleporter to reach Upper Calrath, save the game, then restart.
  4. Employ the rune to unlock the door.

This process suggests that attempting to complete these actions in one continuous session may trigger the glitch, particularly noticeable on second playthroughs when players are more familiar with the game's progression.