"Great Start" trophy

Sick_Martin

Threre's quite few optional goals to win the qualifications but even on a Zero Difficulty I just cannot win, and I know I don't suck at this game because I platunumed far more difficult games and all WipeOutes (which I love btw). Any tips for beating the qualifications? Every time I try I always get smacked. The closest ever I could do was maybe 2 seconds behind. Usually it's a margin of 5 to 10 seconds but on a Zero Difficulty that should be a breeze although I think if you change the difficulty level the game does not take the qualifications under consideration... Am I missing the trick? Is it like with GT7 where medium was easy and easy was medium diff? I use very weak steering guides - should I switch them off or should I max some out? I tried different things and nothing works... It's been a very long time since the game is beating me like that (instead of me beating the game).

The qualifying times don’t change with difficulty only Ai ships in races. There is lots of comments online about how the Qualifying times are unreasonable and were probably set on hot laps rather from a standing start. I would suggest beating the SRRL invitational and go back to some races with better parts.

On many tracks you can make up the time with a good setup and and good use of boosting / ultra boosting. but you need to be flawless. and these can be done with some assists on. You will need to experiment with parts in the A and S League qualifying bonus stars. 
once you get to SRRL invitational qualifying I would suggest looking at the leaderboards in Arcade mode for the Track and Direction your qualifying and take one of the Top 20 times setup that uses the Ship brand you like i.e Asera, Mantis, Buran ect ect 

However many other tracks will simply be too hard to complete with assists and you will need to do some awkward jumps to skip sections of the map. There is many YouTube videos being posted for these so if you search your specific race you are trying to do, you will hopefully find a few people with posted gold/platinum times. 

Definitely the hardest bonus stars to get in the game and I doubt I will personally get the Platinum trophy because of the time requirements but time will tell.

I hope this made sense to you and Good Luck on the Track! 

Edited by xIbanezz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the tips. Two days after posting this I got some better parts and was finally able to win my first qualifying lap. It still wasn't easy but I did it.

As of the videos there's not that many (after all, the game isn't that popular) but found few useful ones that gave me an idea of exploiting the track to achieve better times. Currently exploring on my own and heading towards the end of the career mode. Once I get to the end I will look back at all missing "trophies"/stars.