Retro Gamer ghost pattern trouble

Okay this is a necessary thread because I've noticed that a lot of people seem to think that the ghosts are programmed differently in this version of the game or that they're inconsistent.

I can tell you that this is not the case, or at least that it's 99.99% not the case.  I'll get to the point 01% in a little bit, but the other 99.99% is very important to focus on because if you keep blaming the game, you're not going to get this.

The two main issues are as follows:

1. You're not following your patterns consistently.  It's not a small map, at least not in terms of the number of turns you have to make throughout.  You're going to screw up your pattern even when you don't realize you're doing it.  You have to learn to catch yourself, as I did many times over the last few days.  If you find switching between your d-pad and analog stick helps, do so.  I personally find they both have their drawbacks, but you'll just have to practice and find what works for you.  Either way learn when you're deviating from the pattern, and if you don't think you are, make sure you're not.

2.  A little concept called Corner Shaving.

Basically, if you change directions right before Pac-Man reaches an intersection he will turn faster.  The difference is in fractions of a second, but it will not only make you go across the board faster, it will also affect the directions the ghosts move.  If the pattern you're following does not specify it is using Corner Shaving, assume that it is.

I used the three pattern video from a YouTube channel called "pacstrats" video, and I found that if I worked as much as I could on the above two, deviations were extremely rare, and both have Pac-Man moved and the patterns in which the ghosts moved.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wKQy8LTTzC4&t=300s

Now for the 00.01%, arcade aficionados might have seen this coming and are probably screaming it at their screens as they read this:

60.6 = / = 60, or even:

30.3 = / = 30

Yep, it should only be a handful of calculations that are thrown off by the frame timing, so in almost every case the problem is you, not the game.  But there are times when the calculations will be thrown off and your ability to adapt to this will greatly help.

Still, it is not that common, most of the time it is you, and as long as you hold yourself accountable you should be able to make this Platinum.  Hell I almost made the first key stage on the same run I got the Platinum until I stupidly deviated from my own pattern.