Game Is Apparently Still Glitched (Happy Ending)

TAGibby_

Edit: All good now! 

Like the title says, this game is still glitched, at least on PS5. I don't know what the patch did for the rest of you, but it sure as shit didn't fix my game! Stuck at 99% with everything collected. Only trophies I'm missing are Fashion Victim and the 100% completion. I traveled to all the docks multiple times, counted all the cosmetic boxes, scanned all the landmarks, animals, plants, all that stuff. Don't know what more I can possibly do. 

I'd ask if anyone has any advice, but from what I've seen online it doesn't sound like there's a reliable solution, so I'm likely going to give up on this stupid trophy because there's NO CHANCE I'm doing all of that a second time! Screw that and screw this game! 

Sincerely, An Angry Man. 

Edited by TAGibby_
  • Like 2

I just finished the game today on ps5 and didn't have any issues. Have you done the treasure chests? The ones that you have to do in order from 1-21? And have you visited the graves? Those were the last thing I needed to do to go from 99% to 100%. Hope you manage to get it done, nothing worse than a glicthed platinum 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lucifer1991 said:

I just finished the game today on ps5 and didn't have any issues. Have you done the treasure chests? The ones that you have to do in order from 1-21? And have you visited the graves? Those were the last thing I needed to do to go from 99% to 100%. Hope you manage to get it done, nothing worse than a glicthed platinum 

I got all the treasure chests, I went to the two graves, but still nothing. I don't even see any of the henchmen that I assume are supposed to be in the endgame portion? Have not come across any in the camps. I think it might have something to do with an issue I had early on where the game softlocked on me when I tried to save after a cutscene. I couldn't even exit the game, so I had to force restart the PS5. The game worked fine after that, but maybe that somehow screwed up the collectible progression? No idea. 🤷‍♂️

17 hours ago, TAGibby_ said:

I got all the treasure chests, I went to the two graves, but still nothing. I don't even see any of the henchmen that I assume are supposed to be in the endgame portion? Have not come across any in the camps. I think it might have something to do with an issue I had early on where the game softlocked on me when I tried to save after a cutscene. I couldn't even exit the game, so I had to force restart the PS5. The game worked fine after that, but maybe that somehow screwed up the collectible progression? No idea. 🤷‍♂️

Damn that sucks. have you checked reddit? sometimes i've found solutions to problems on there that profiles had no info on. i did see a post somewhere that i think if the 100% trophy doesn't pop starting a new game or something is supposed to pop it. Maybe you do actually have 100% but the game is glitched and only saying 99%? 

6 hours ago, Lucifer1991 said:

Damn that sucks. have you checked reddit? sometimes i've found solutions to problems on there that profiles had no info on. i did see a post somewhere that i think if the 100% trophy doesn't pop starting a new game or something is supposed to pop it. Maybe you do actually have 100% but the game is glitched and only saying 99%? 

All I could find on Reddit was people talking about a cosmetic box not being in the game that eventually got patched. I tried starting a new game, but nothing happened. I've scanned the journal up and down so many times, I'm fully convinced that I am at 100% but for some reason the game thinks I'm at 99%. 

The only other option I can think of it is to use chapter select to reach the endgame and go for all the chests and boxes again. If I get the Fashion Victim trophy, then I can get everything else to get the 100% and the platinum. 

But I really, really, really, really, REALLY don't want to do that! 😩

22 hours ago, TAGibby_ said:

All I could find on Reddit was people talking about a cosmetic box not being in the game that eventually got patched. I tried starting a new game, but nothing happened. I've scanned the journal up and down so many times, I'm fully convinced that I am at 100% but for some reason the game thinks I'm at 99%. 

The only other option I can think of it is to use chapter select to reach the endgame and go for all the chests and boxes again. If I get the Fashion Victim trophy, then I can get everything else to get the 100% and the platinum. 

have you definitely got all the cosmetics out of the claw machines? that's the only thing i can think of. yeah i wouldn't want to do that either, that would really suck.

5 hours ago, Lucifer1991 said:

have you definitely got all the cosmetics out of the claw machines? that's the only thing i can think of. yeah i wouldn't want to do that either, that would really suck.

Sure have. I even took out all the trophy balls in both machines. They are as empty as empty can be and nothing to show for it. 🤷‍♂️

On 3/8/2024 at 2:57 PM, TAGibby_ said:

Bored so looked into this some. Not sure what you did exactly, but regarding the “new game,” from what I saw, it’s not a matter of starting a new game but rather saving your game in a new save slot. Apparently, that pops the trophy.

I haven’t played this game yet, but just a few things that I see people mentioning:

- make sure to buy the gift from shop in the middle of town

- there are apparently collectibles in the open ocean

Also, I read that once you reach the end game, you have to actually go to a couple spots marked on the map before the trophy will pop. Not sure if you did that?

it seems you need the henchmen for the 100%? Did you already do whatever you need to do with them? If they aren’t appearing, people suggest saving and reloading until they do. Another user reported flying around and pooping as a bird made them appear. Another user said changing the time to midnight allowed him to see the henchman’s green eyes. (Again, this all means nothing to me, but maybe it helps you.)

also, just to be clear - did you get the cosmetic box that had been hidden but patched? You said you read about it, but not whether you got it.

Edited by RAGEKlTTEN
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RAGEKlTTEN said:

Bored so looked into this some. Not sure what you did exactly, but regarding the “new game,” from what I saw, it’s not a matter of starting a new game but rather saving your game in a new save slot. Apparently, that pops the trophy.

I haven’t played this game yet, but just a few things that I see people mentioning:

- make sure to buy the gift from shop in the middle of town

- there are apparently collectibles in the open ocean

Also, I read that once you reach the end game, you have to actually go to a couple spots marked on the map before the trophy will pop. Not sure if you did that?

it seems you need the henchmen for the 100%? Did you already do whatever you need to do with them? If they aren’t appearing, people suggest saving and reloading until they do. Another user reported flying around and pooping as a bird made them appear. Another user said changing the time to midnight allowed him to see the henchman’s green eyes. (Again, this all means nothing to me, but maybe it helps you.)

also, just to be clear - did you get the cosmetic box that had been hidden but patched? You said you read about it, but not whether you got it.

I used up all the save slots for new games trying to get it to pop, but nothing. The cosmetic box that was patched was months ago, so I definitely got that one. Still no sign of any henchmen in my main save, but when I did chapter select to endgame the henchmen appeared, so that might be a good sign that it's working properly? Any collectible that could be collected has been collected. There's a journal that show how many you got and I have them all top to bottom. 

Thank you for your help, but I think I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and re-collect everything again with the chapter select save. With any luck I'll have those trophies by the end of the day. 

Update: Well it took most of my Sunday, but I was able to collect everything all over again and both trophies popped giving me the platinum! At least there's a happy ending to all this, but boy was that an annoying glitch.