3 Star Opossum

While doing the hunting requests one animal is needed, the perfect opossum. I've looked at as many guides and forms as I could. Found all of the opossum spawning locations and have yet to find a 3 star Opossum. I started to keep track and I have seen over 50 opossums without a single one being perfect. I've tried using the save-load method and the camp method but nothing has worked so far. I know perfect animals are supposed to be rare but the opossum has been by far the hardest to come by. I'm not sure if my game is glitched or not but it certainly feels like it. Is there any reason for the 3 star not spawning?

TLDR: Found over 50 opossums and have yet to find a 3 star is my game glitched or is there some mechanic I don't know about?

While playing I had the feeling they lower the spawning rate for some animals, when you have to find them for the hunting request or a mission. When the hunting request is done you will find a 3 star opossum everywhere. :D

Check the area in the west of west elizabeth where the trapper is located (top of lake Owanjila) at night. Only kill with the varmint rifle.

Edited by Micola7h
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

The first time I looked for one after I posted this I got one to spawn south of Strawberry. I guess to manifest one I needed to make a post. That or 51 is the magic number.

Time to find this three star beaver to end this insanity 

Edited by Captinroy52