“Bugged” trophies solution / fix - No Glitches Afterall

OvRdOg_

So I started the game today and like everyone else on the PS5 version, was struggling to get the “beginners layup” and “beginners shield” trophies. I tried for hours to find a fix after randomly popping the beginners layup trophy while my other friends struggled to unlock it.

That is because that is not the correct trophy description as those trophies do not exist. After looking at the PS4 version I noticed that two trophies were different. “Meatball Mania” for completing 100 matches and “playing together” for completing 10 matches in a party. As you can now probably guess, those are the requirements for the two trophies.

So for “beginners layup” you simply need to play 10 missions while in a party.

for “beginners shield” you must play 100 total matches. You dont actually need to play the matches though, nor actually get into a full game. Just search for a game, and as soon as you get into the game you can quit. It does not actually need to start. Rinse and repeat until the trophy pops. 

Edited by OvRdOg_
  • Like 3

So I started on PS4. But moved to PS5 because of the tracker. And I’m Almost done. Just need 100 power shots which still at 0. Gives me hard times. Can’t do it but I’ll eventually get it. And the 100 games, and 10 party games. 

I completed the 10 games as a party on PS4. PS5 didn’t pop still. My alt got the 10 wins in a row and 10 games in a party but I still didn’t get it any fixes for it. And if you have any tips for power shots Thank you 

Edited by ZEE11W

On 3/16/2024 at 4:40 AM, OvRdOg_ said:

So I started the game today and like everyone else on the PS5 version, was struggling to get the “beginners layup” and “beginners shield” trophies. I tried for hours to find a fix after randomly popping the beginners layup trophy while my other friends struggled to unlock it.

That is because that is not the correct trophy description as those trophies do not exist. After looking at the PS4 version I noticed that two trophies were different. “Meatball Mania” for completing 100 matches and “playing together” for completing 10 matches in a party. As you can now probably guess, those are the requirements for the two trophies.

So for “beginners layup” you simply need to play 10 missions while in a party.

for “beginners shield” you must play 100 total matches. You dont actually need to play the matches though, nor actually get into a full game. Just search for a game, and as soon as you get into the game you can quit. It does not actually need to start. Rinse and repeat until the trophy pops. 

Hey I wanted to personally thank you for finding out about the bug trophies! I made a video guide for this game and included your name near the end of it since you deserved the credit :). 

15 hours ago, ZEE11W said:

So I started on PS4. But moved to PS5 because of the tracker. And I’m Almost done. Just need 100 power shots which still at 0. Gives me hard times. Can’t do it but I’ll eventually get it. And the 100 games, and 10 party games. 

I completed the 10 games as a party on PS4. PS5 didn’t pop still. My alt got the 10 wins in a row and 10 games in a party but I still didn’t get it any fixes for it. And if you have any tips for power shots Thank you 

Hey, I am not sure about the 10-game trophy not popping. But with the power shots, I made a video guide on how to do them since I also had trouble with it and I hope that the video will help you! 

Edited by Henroin
Forgot to add video
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

They’ve officially updated the trophy list now with the exact things OP posted.

Beginner’s Layup has now been renamed to Playing Together (10 matches as a party)

Beginner’s Shield is now called Metaball Mania (100 matches played) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Ryuuko4 said:

How can i get a draw ?

Finish the match with 0 - 0 

don’t get points for the fist 5 minutes. And even in golden ball don’t get any. End match with all 0 

Edited by ZEE11W

On 4/21/2024 at 12:37 AM, ZEE11W said:

Finish the match with 0 - 0 

don’t get points for the fist 5 minutes. And even in golden ball don’t get any. End match with all 0 

Thank i got it …. I have to release the ball when the time hit zero 👍