Odin bugged? Patch 1.02

Hey,

So I've been trying to get through Brutal Challenge 6: Rulers of the Outer Worlds today and decided that the major problem I was having was that I suck at Perfect Guards. I really don't like that they removed Deadly Dodge when making Rebirth, but that's a complaint for another topic.

I get to Round 3, and Round 3 is my Kryptonite because I can't Perfect Guard worth a fuck, so I decide to step out, take a break for a bit and come back to do Summon Entity: Odin. I started off by changing the Difficulty to Easy, and Power to -3 cuz I figured that this would give me the most opportunity to use Perfect Guards before he inevitably wipes me with Zantetsuken. I went in with just Tifa, cuz she's a Dropkicking Demon and after 5 hits he used Zantetsuken - Perfect Guard, Block or no. I thought this was odd, so I went into the fight again solo and dodged everything and again after 4-7 attacks, Zantetsuken. I'm still on Easy, and I've already beaten Odin both on Normal and on Dynamic as part of the Protorelic Quest in Ch. 12/13 - what gives?

Suddenly it feels like his AI is ridiculously aggressive, moreso than previously. Regardless of how you play, he's probably gonna hit you with Zantetsuken before you hit the 60s mark - for me it was as early as 43 seconds into the fight. So I guess learning to Perfect Guard him specifically is going outta the window, and at this point I'm ready to concede defeat. The Simulator is all I have left to do for the Platinum and I'm 195 hours into the game, I can't be that bad after all this surely.

Anybody else having issues with Odin specifically after the patch?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

I think there are a few rumblings of issues with patch 1.02, but also from the experiences I've been reading in the forums, the entire end game content seems to need a re-balance from a difficulty perspective.

It's definitely a lot harder than Remake was - I think the boss I spent the longest on there and felt was the most bullshit specifically was Hell House in Chapter 5. But Rebirth is in its own class, and imo there are a couple of changes to the 7R combat system that have left a sour taste in my mouth throughout my entire playthrough. I've put in 195 hours so far, explored virtually everything, cleared all the minigames and beaten the game on Hard Mode at this point but the Combat Simulator just feels excessively difficult in an already much less forgiving game tbh.

I'm not sure I'm gonna finish up the Simulator at all, probably gonna take the weekend to cool off. I don't think a nerf is coming either and people shouldn't count on that. It is intended to be difficult, that's obvious, but there were a lot of complaints about the Three-Person Team Vs. Top Secrets mission in Remake and I don't think that ever got nerfed, and neither did Weiss in Intergrade.

Maybe it is an unintended consequence of the patch update, maybe I'm just complete dogshit today. Who knows!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

It's definitely a lot harder than Remake was - I think the boss I spent the longest on there and felt was the most bullshit specifically was Hell House in Chapter 5. But Rebirth is in its own class, and imo there are a couple of changes to the 7R combat system that have left a sour taste in my mouth throughout my entire playthrough. I've put in 195 hours so far, explored virtually everything, cleared all the minigames and beaten the game on Hard Mode at this point but the Combat Simulator just feels excessively difficult in an already much less forgiving game tbh.

I'm not sure I'm gonna finish up the Simulator at all, probably gonna take the weekend to cool off. I don't think a nerf is coming either and people shouldn't count on that. It is intended to be difficult, that's obvious, but there were a lot of complaints about the Three-Person Team Vs. Top Secrets mission in Remake and I don't think that ever got nerfed, and neither did Weiss in Intergrade.

Maybe it is an unintended consequence of the patch update, maybe I'm just complete dogshit today. Who knows!

That's interesting about it being harder than Remake. I absolutely loved the Remake hard mode, it felt really polished and I really enjoyed the strategy of it. There were definitely some walls to hit, but after a few attempts you always came through. I'm not quite there yet with rebirth in terms of game progress and i'm looking forward to the challenge it might pose. But I'm curious as to how I'm going to receive hard mode overall here, considering how different it appears to be.

Edited by Buff_Cupcake
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Buff_Cupcake said:

That's interesting about it being harder than Remake. I absolutely loved the Remake hard mode, it felt really polished and I really enjoyed the strategy of it. There were definitely some walls to hit, but after a few attempts you always came through. I'm not quite there yet with rebirth in terms of game progress and i'm looking forward to the challenge it might pose. But I'm curious as to how I'm going to receive hard mode overall here, considering how different it appears to be.

I hope that when the time comes you find it more fun than I did. It started off fine for me, but by about Chapter 10 or 11 I was already giving way to the fatigue.

The damage output basically being multiplied by 10 in most cases is quite frustrating with the limited MP management ability, Chocostops will replenish your MP on Hard at the expense of a cushion for chapters where you’re not explicitly locked into a zone or dungeon which was nice - for ex fighting Midgardsormr is much easier cuz you can make sure to replenish your MP prior. 

There are a few fights that just felt really annoying on Hard Mode, Chapter 12 in particular, ironically the bosses in Chapter 13 (with the exception of the first and last fights) I found to be significantly easier and I don’t think they should have been? But I did both first try. 

The fights that I find to suck in particular are the Brutal Challenges. They’re all manageable at different skill levels, #6 has me beat so far but I’ll get it eventually. 

The enemy configurations are just kinda weird and obnoxious tbh. Also 10 rounds is just too long imo, feels like it’s just them reaching for extra padding. Adding 10 hours to play time cuz you’ve been caught off guard 5 times per challenge at the cost of 30 minutes a pop isn’t really my idea of a long and fun experience. 

• Like 1

You literally have a sword that keeps you're MP full. Why are so many of you having MP problems?? I don't think I've had a lack of MP on anyone. I kept using Cloud and whenever he dropped low let him get hurt to get MP back. Heal him with Aerith for like 6 MP since she has 400+ magic and that's it.

I got to the final sephiroth with I think around 20 MP missing on Cloud with him having 120. Which he got back in the first two seconds of the fight.

3 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

You literally have a sword that keeps you're MP full. Why are so many of you having MP problems?? I don't think I've had a lack of MP on anyone. I kept using Cloud and whenever he dropped low let him get hurt to get MP back. Heal him with Aerith for like 6 MP since she has 400+ magic and that's it.

I got to the final sephiroth with I think around 20 MP missing on Cloud with him having 120. Which he got back in the first two seconds of the fight.

Well, for one you're not always using Cloud throughout the game and for another, some sections of the game where you are forced to use alternate party configurations lack the utility to constantly replenish MP. I didn't personally have a whole heap of issues with MP management as I am mostly a Chakra/Prayer/Soothing Embrace user anyway, but I know a lot of people have found it difficult getting through the final chapter in particular with MP in tact especially when the first fight section of Ch. 13 literally revolves around enemies siphoning your Life & MP from you lol.

I'm glad you got there with 100 MP; I didn't, I got there with 1 MP and still made it through the final fight on Hard Mode. 

Also, I didn't tag this thread as Spoilers because it was specific to the Combat Sim, so let's try avoid specifics.

2 hours ago, GibiusMaximus said:

Well, for one you're not always using Cloud throughout the game and for another, some sections of the game where you are forced to use alternate party configurations lack the utility to constantly replenish MP. I didn't personally have a whole heap of issues with MP management as I am mostly a Chakra/Prayer/Soothing Embrace user anyway, but I know a lot of people have found it difficult getting through the final chapter in particular with MP in tact especially when the first fight section of Ch. 13 literally revolves around enemies siphoning your Life & MP from you lol.

Well, by chapters 13 and 14 I had Götterdämmerung so limit breaking the fate ghosts is how I got out of it without losing a lot. Though IIRC Barret was pretty empty,
but he's just a tank I never use his MP so I didn't care.

As for the other section, Areith has Soul Drain, and Yuffie and Red are fast as hell so they never got caught in anything in my playthrough. I also made sure to pick the easy fights first while running in the temple with them so I'd have maximum buffs on Areith, and another thing, and this might just be me, but I feel like with her ward she is not that far off Tifa's speed so dodging is pretty easy with her and she does a shit ton of stagger build with that ward.

41 minutes ago, GB-Red-Eye said:

Well, by chapters 13 and 14 I had Götterdämmerung so limit breaking the fate ghosts is how I got out of it without losing a lot. Though IIRC Barret was pretty empty,
but he's just a tank I never use his MP so I didn't care.

As for the other section, Areith has Soul Drain, and Yuffie and Red are fast as hell so they never got caught in anything in my playthrough. I also made sure to pick the easy fights first while running in the temple with them so I'd have maximum buffs on Areith, and another thing, and this might just be me, but I feel like with her ward she is not that far off Tifa's speed so dodging is pretty easy with her and she does a shit ton of stagger build with that ward.

That’s fair, I don’t even think I’m going to bother trying to get the Götterdämmerung anymore, today’s kind of been the last straw for me. I’ve already sunk 2 days into it and failed to imitate any of the other successful builds. 

Hate to concede so close to 100% completion, but I’m getting to the point the game is just keeping me consistently angry and the fun/enjoyment is gone. 99% is going to have to be good enough I guess. 

5 minutes ago, GibiusMaximus said:

That’s fair, I don’t even think I’m going to bother trying to get the Götterdämmerung anymore, today’s kind of been the last straw for me. I’ve already sunk 2 days into it and failed to imitate any of the other successful builds. 

Hate to concede so close to 100% completion, but I’m getting to the point the game is just keeping me consistently angry and the fun/enjoyment is gone. 99% is going to have to be good enough I guess. 

That's me on the Piano S ranks :D The combat I enjoy deeply even though it took me a week of just trying I got it in the end. But I understand that the difficulty is not for everyone. It truly is Dark Souls level hard.