Remarks about a few trophies - "Years Ago, Another Time", "Royal Spymaster" and "Songs of Serkonos"

Rafa_Maximo

I've just completed all those trophies mentioned in title. Been following a guide and would like to make some remarks about those.

For "Years Ago, Another Time" it's mentioned you need to get Meagan (Billie's) room key, read her diary and listen to the audio log. But trophy unlocked for me as soon as I went for diary in her desk, along with "Royal Spymaster". No need to her the audio log for me in order to get both trophies. Checked at least three different trophies / achievments guides and all mentioned the need for audio too. Had previously read / listened all other stuff coming related to Sokolov and Meagan as mentioned in guides though.

Weird for sure, but weirdest one was Songs of Serkonos, for sure.

I've seem many people online mentioning trophy wouldn't unlock right away during mission 8 when they came across musicians a 3rd time, that they had to walk around and come back, leave the area through a specific path, interacting with musicians in between songs or simply it would unlock while roaming around the map after hearing them for a third time. Some people even reported trophy wouldn't unlock at all, even though they were there listening for a while during all 3 encounters.

For me, it was the other way around, it unlocked before I even got close to musicians a third time:
- During mission 2, I simply stood in front of them at the market and was there for about 20 to 25 minutes (got a phone call which lasted for about 10 minutes then younger kid asked for something to eat so I cut an apple and some watermelon in smaller pieces for him, then proceeded to take a dump while Emily was standing in there);

- During mission 6, I went straight to Howlers territory, did not alert any Howlers (but killed a few on my path) and was hidden behind bar counter and heard at least two full songs (maybe three, not sure if when I got there they were already playing a song or just started after I got there)

- During mission 8, I was coming through an area directly behind musicians, over some wooden ledge, in stealth. And as soon as musicians got into my Dark Vision range, it popped. No need to listen for any full songs at all.

I don't know how many different songs they play, but based on that, I believe requirements are: you actually have to listen all songs they are able to play (at least partially) AND you have to meet them three times. Would need to test this possibility for confirmation though, just posting this here as a remark because some people seem to be in trouble with that trophy, having even to replay missions 2 to 8 because of that.

Regarding the Songs of Serkonos trophy, it also didn't pop straight away for me either. I was already planning my next playthrough while looting a nearby apartment and then it suddenly popped. Not sure what triggers this trophy at all, but I'm glad it did 😛 

For me it was the other way around, as soon as I got near them, trophy popped right away... before I could actually hear anything. Maybe description is misleading and guides online somewhat conflicting because of that? Maybe you have to listen each different song they play (at least partially) AND meet them 3 times, not listening to at least a full song everytime you meet them.

I also think it's very weird everyone mentioning you have to listen to that Daud audio in Meagan's room but that wasn't needed for me.