Friends requests - can't accept them, no crossplay possible

mistertingle

Hey there,

still can't accept friend requests. Neither from the Playstation nor from the PC - I'm playing on PS5.

Thats a huge problem to play together. On PS5 we are starting Voice Chat and then we can join the others game.
The PC Players doing the same via Steam friend list.

But is there any way to play with my PC friends if they are NOT in my friend list? (Because accepting still not working),

Any workaround? 

It is an issue the developers are aware of and working on, though as of yesterday it worked for me and my friends (I havent seen any update, propably just down to luck, or they already fixed it on their servers).

Playing with someone on a different system is otherwise more or less relying on luck by findign a planet with the least players and trying to select the same mission or trying to call them in with an SOS beacon.

Ideally, Discord would allow crossplay "join session", but unfortunatly it only works when on the same system.

Edited by Jinkelz

Thank you for your answer. 
But:
My friends and I tested it again five minutes ago by adding each other with friend code and it seems they patched it. It’s working now. We can now play together on PS5 and PC