Read This First If You're Thinking Going For The Platinum

Well, i just wanted to give a heads up for people who are thinking of going for the platinum in GTA 3 and kind of explains the platinum journey of this game so people will know what to expect before going into it.

that way it will help you decide if you're really up for it or not , because i do see a lot of people sort of giving up on this platinum because they weren't prepared for it.

So here are some things you need to know: (No Spoilers).

- Starting with the worst thing first:

The 100% Trophy is a missable trophy - that means that if somewhere along the way you screw up and didn't play the game in the right order , you have to restart the game all over again , and not only the story , you have to do EVERYTHING all over again , every collectable , every side mission , every car mission , basically everything right from scratch.

and this game have only 8 save slots so you can't save scum after every little thing that you do , and also this game doesn't have the option to replay a mission so once you've finished a mission there is no going back.

You MUST follow a guide from the second you start playing this game and up until you finish it.

- Clear all the side stuff first before starting the main story missions:

unfortunately, this game has a lot of busy work to do before you can start playing the main story missions because if you will keep that side stuff for later on they will be almost impossible to do.

some areas of the map will be full of enemies , making those side mission/miscellaneous tasks unnecessarily hard.

your first 4-6 hours in this game will be only for clearing as much side content as you can before going for the main story missions.

- A lot of vehicle missions

this is also something that i see a lot of people struggling with , this game has a lot of vehicle missions and the driving mechanics in GTA 3 are not so good so it can be very frustrating at times.

if you don't like that kind of thing so just know that this game has a lot of it and it can be annoying sometime.

and that's it , i hope this post will help some people to be more prepared before going for this platinum.

Happy Trophy Hunting🏆

• Like 4

I wouldn't say it's that bad. There are a couple of missable side missions, a couple of things you can do "first" that make certain things harder later on (like Rampages), but above all else, you should do the Paramedic/Firefighter/Vigilante missions ASAP before you aggro any of the gangs through main story progress. Otherwise, you run the risk of making them much, much harder, if not outright impossible.

Other than that, a simple eyeballing of a guide as you progress, and getting the harder stuff out of the way first, is the best tip here.

• Like 2

This is solid advice IMO. I'm doing a play through ATM and restarted an old save file because the ambulance missions would have been too hard while being shot at. On that note - People seem to struggle with the Ambulance missions, it's actually quite easy, it's all about route planning more than rushing, and using the handbrake around corners so you don't flip. I find the Vigilante to actually be a lot more difficult, I haven't figured out a reliable way to get through it yet and the drive-by shooting is wonky AF. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Creasy007 said:

I wouldn't say it's that bad. There are a couple of missable side missions, a couple of things you can do "first" that make certain things harder later on (like Rampages), but above all else, you should do the Paramedic/Firefighter/Vigilante missions ASAP before you aggro any of the gangs through main story progress. Otherwise, you run the risk of making them much, much harder, if not outright impossible.

Other than that, a simple eyeballing of a guide as you progress, and getting the harder stuff out of the way first, is the best tip here.

it's not that bad when you know what you're getting yourself into , but most people don't know and i'm sure most of them stop playing after they realize they didn't play the game "correctly" and missed a few things along the way that they can't go back to.

also it's a bit hard to understand all of that by just looking at a guide , especially if you're someone that never played this game before.

and i never saw a game that locks from story mission if you don't play them in the right order.

the fact that you have to look up a guide just to play every story mission is just bad game design in my opinion.

but i will give it some slack because it's an old game.

1 hour ago, LDN-Legend said:

This is solid advice IMO. I'm doing a play through ATM and restarted an old save file because the ambulance missions would have been too hard while being shot at. On that note - People seem to struggle with the Ambulance missions, it's actually quite easy, it's all about route planning more than rushing, and using the handbrake around corners so you don't flip. I find the Vigilante to actually be a lot more difficult, I haven't figured out a reliable way to get through it yet and the drive-by shooting is wonky AF. 

yeah i agree about the Ambulance missions , if you plan ahead and use the handbrake it's not so bad but the biggest problem is that the AI sometimes just runs to the Ambulance and you run them over by mistake , happend to me so many times lol.

about the Vigilante mission try to do it in the first island and if you want the game to spawn the criminal's car closer to you just start the vigilante mission and end it right away 2 times in a row and on the 3rd time you will see that the game spawn the cars a lot closer to you , that's what i did and it worked for me.

but either way you have to get used to the drive-by shooting mechanics , don't worry after a few tries you will get the hang of it.

good luck!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OmriStyle27 said:

about the Vigilante mission

I was going about it the wrong way, also easy after a few tries. The key is to kind of Kamikaze them off the road and they tend to get out or are easy to shoot at. Working on Packages, stunt jumps, Rc, Offroad, export etc before hitting up the missions. Hope I don't miss anything. Honestly most things just take a few tries, even flying the Dodo wasn't that bad once you figured it out.

PS. Love that 100% completion of yours. Looks very nice :)

Edited by LDN-Legend
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

I was going about it the wrong way, also easy after a few tries. The key is to kind of Kamikaze them off the road and they tend to get out or are easy to shoot at. Working on Packages, stunt jumps, Rc, Offroad, export etc before hitting up the missions. Hope I don't miss anything. Honestly most things just take a few tries, even flying the Dodo wasn't that bad once you figured it out.

PS. Love that 100% completion of yours. Looks very nice :)

I tried the kamikaze method also but some of them just didn't want to get out of the car no matter how many times i ram them so i knew i had to improve my drive-by skills lol , but yeah it can work too for sure.

Don't worry you will not miss anything as long as you follow a guide , i used this guide for the 100% trophy:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13654-grand-theft-auto-iii-is-that-all-youve-got-trophy-guide

Good luck with the grind of all the collectibles and side stuff , you can do it it's not that hard , like you said only some things will take a few tries , especially the off-road missions , those ones were pissing me off a little bit i'm not gonna lie haha.

PS. Thanks man i work hard for this 100% so i'm glad someone appreciate it smile@2x.png

your account is very nice also , very high completion percentage + some hard platinums.

• Like 1