"New Beginning" trophy won't unlock, possibly a bug?

This was supposed to be the trophy for getting the "default" ending, i.e. the one where 

Spoiler

the girl lets you go, kills herself and you don't help out her younger sister.

However, after going through this ending several times and even starting a New Game from the beginning just for it, it's simply not unlocking for me. I also tried to do the "best ending" (added to the game in an update from what I can gather) to see if maybe the trophy had been moved there, but that wasn't the case.

This game's got a 68.89% unlock rate for the platinum, only one worldwide version, and some people have gotten the New Beginning trophy this same month, so I doubt it's got anything to do with a recent update introducing a new bug making it unobtainable, but rather some kind of rare issue.

If you've recently played/platinum'd this game, could you please share whether you had any trouble unlocking this one?

(Note: for my second attempt at getting New Beginning, I followed this guide all the way: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1518883032)

Edited by Umdytr

... Actually, I just saw that they pushed a new update on the 7th of this very month, and nobody has gotten the trophy since (most recent achiever dates back to the 3rd).

So they more than likely broke the game just a few weeks before I played it. Great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

A month later and they havent fixed it …

Slow going for sure. On the 1st they said "it" was being tested this week - not sure if talking about testing a fix, or just testing the bug period.

It's good that they're at least doing something about it (apparently) as opposed to radio silence. Still, it'll make me think twice before trusting another Sekai Project release.

On 5/9/2024 at 10:40 AM, Umdytr said:

Slow going for sure. On the 1st they said "it" was being tested this week - not sure if talking about testing a fix, or just testing the bug period.

It's good that they're at least doing something about it (apparently) as opposed to radio silence. Still, it'll make me think twice before trusting another Sekai Project release.

fingers crossed it gets fixed soon