Crypt of the NecroDancer Platinum Journeys

Figured I make this topic dedicated to people who want to share their monumental journey of going for the Crypt of the NecroDancer Platinum. Whether you just started or are currently in the middle of your journey and want to have a way to see how far you've progressed type them in this topic. Since the previous few Crypt Journeys that were posted here about 2 months back got moved due to them being duplicate topics I'm making this one topic specifically for people who want to record their progression and gain useful tips and feedback on their progress. As an example Ill start this topic by posting my current progress going for the platinum.

Edited by UnknownProphesy

Posted (edited)

Unknown's Current Crypt Progress

I started this game on December 6, 2023 and have been livestreaming my progress from start to my current progress. The first few days on this game I started learning the games mechanics and started clearing the different zones the game has to offer. After about 3 days I finally beat All Zones Cadence. Then I started a different character every time I cleared one which eventually got me to playing Aria. Now this is around December 14 and this was the first major learning curve I had to get through. After playing Aria day after day and slowly making progress I finally cleared Low% Aria on December 30th after playing her character for around 83 hours. The next thing I did was go for the miscellaneous trophies which is what I ended the month doing. First Month I played a total of 124 hours and I started January with a few goals in mind. I first started getting Speed Demon then I did Undeadly which was now easy after clearing Aria. I then dedicated the rest of the month practicing for the All chars run and ended the month playing 45 hours. I started February practicing enough Aria and started the All Chars runs. Of course the most difficult thing here Is clearing the big four characters which are Bolt, Aria, Monk and dove. I changed my order around quite a lot and eventually after 20 hours of attempts I finally cleared It unlocking Coda in the process. Now this is around February 7, and I decided I would start the amplified DLC before I start the Platinum killer trophies. The Amplified DLC brings a lot of new things in the game and the trophy list mainly consists of completing the different modes. The most difficult trophy being Very Polyamourous which I did last. After clearing each new mode and the other trophies in the list all I had left was the Very Polyamourous Trophy. This is around February 17th and from here on I decided to practice the two difficult characters which are Mary and Tempo for one day each playing each character 3-4 hours for that day. I then started my first stream going for the Very Polyamourous trophy to see how far I could go and was able to get the clear finally leaving me with the Platinum Killer trophies. I ended the month of February playing 69 hours. The first platinum killer trophy I decided on going for first Is clearing Coda which is what I started In the month of March. After a couple of days on coda I started playing on Bolt to learn the double tempo without dying every missed beat to be more comfortable playing on Coda when I return. Around March 13th a new Synchrony DLC released adding a total of 9 new trophies. These new trophies were easy compared to the Amplified list and I quickly went back to the double tempo grind. I ended the month of March playing 75 hours and having a total of 313 hours of playtime. Now to my current progress I'm back on Coda and why current PB is the first zone boss room.

TLDR: I started Crypt 4 months ago and have 48/51 trophies completed

Edited by UnknownProphesy
  • Like 2