Expert Course tips?

Ravendust

I haven't unlocked the Snowman yet, but I did get all awards/trophies for the Novice and Advanced courses, including the two unlockable boards. I also accidentally(?) unlocked the Extra Course by placing on the 'Best Single Trick' board for Expert.

Expert is causing me some serious trouble. It's so zig-zaggy that I can't seem to build up enough speed, coming in some 20 seconds after the record time.

Similarly, I can't build up enough momentum to pull off bigger tricks and build up my score that way. I feel like I'm constantly rewinding to improve on sections and getting lucky, but still not close.

With all the twists and turns I'm holding Square to brake/sharp-turn constantly at the expense of actually doing well.

Now that quite a few of you have earned your Platinum(s), do you have any tips for the Expert course?

Best board?
Best approach?
Tricks/skips for the course?

EDIT: All done, Platinum for PS4 and PS5, here's what worked for me;

- Used the unlockable Freestyle board to get Best Trick and Best Trick Score - get that first to unlock Extra, beat Extra to unlock Snowman.

- Used the Snowman to get Best Time and Best Total Score (speedy route can be found here)

- Tried to get a Misty on each jump but if I failed it a few times, rewound and just did a big spin instead.

Basically just a lot of practice practice practice on which corners are drifts and which ones are sharp turns and memorising the course layout.

Edited by Ravendust