Hiring freeze campaign

Taeshan

Hey working on getting all the hard level stuff done and on my first play through of the campaign have only stumbled once or twice and looked up solutions for franchise levels but it seems like hiring freeze is the first one where I have almost no ability to find the correct set up online and in game no matter what I do I am almost immediately 20 grand in debt with no shot at coming back up. Any ideas? 

The first thing you should do when you load in is to pause the game. Then check on every animal, some of them are in to small habitats. The tiger for example. And the African wild dog really needs a companion. Then you should lower all the staff salary to the absolut minimum (they won't quit so it doesn't matter). Keep them low until you only have their objective left 70% Happiness or what it was, by then you should have a bit more money so increase their salary until that objective is done then lower it again. And while you are paused build staff rooms 2-3 (you can research large ones but I did just fine with small ones). And my biggest tip is to get exhibit animals paired male and female, that's a great passive income. Some of them breed fast, many offspring at once and sell for good money. Also place donations boxes cos there is non or close to non in the whole park if I remember correctly.

This level is hard I had to restart a couple of times. Have patience, increase ticket prices, place security cameras cos you pay back a lot of tickets cos of thugs pickpocketing your guests. 

Edited by xChasingThunder

I find myself still losing 16 grand a year paying Pennies to staff with higher entrance fees and it’s mostly due to power? Did I put too many cameras or something. I fix the exhibits. I mate the small animals and research to make them more interesting and auto sell and I tend to just hemorrhage money. And that’s without doubt my the staff stuff first. 

This is definitely the hardest one in the game. Most of the habitats are too small, so definitely expand. Also, every animal is lonely. Some are fine with that but it's usually best to add in a few mates. You can make use of the space over the river for placing shops or staff facilities. If you haven't been using work zones, now is the time to start. If you can make even 1000/yr in steady profit, you'll be on track to a win.

I tried moving on to Franchise and I think I may do it on an easier mode and come back but it has been a ride. Especially since the first year it starts out well then takes a dive and makes me feel like I have everything set up well but then start losing so much money. I set up habitats really well and some animals get screwed over. I try placing more donation bins but there are a lot already and eventually I just run out of money during the build.

I will try an expand the two I know are small (Zebra and Tiger) and maybe the Tortoise but it doesn't seem to do much. I don't even know how I'm losing so much on money lol. 10 grand a year is wild.

The first time I went through I tried setting up workzones as it seems the Keepers do such a bad job without them but it only seemed to hurt their efficiency. I'll try doing that again and see if it helps but it won't help losing money that much. It is really annoying me. It would be one thing if I was close and just missing but I am so far away it is not funny lol