Purchasing Ultimate Edition on different account question

Hi everyone, 

Apologies if this question will seem confusing but here it is. I basically have an old account which I buy all my PS4 content on. Now on some games you lose out doing this, like certain editions of games will only give account bonuses to the profile the game was bought on, but not on the actual completion account you play on. Things like Ubisoft of Bethesda point systems do this sometimes. 

So with the ultimate edition I noticed it gives few extra bonuses to the online mode. Now does anyone know who has bought this version, if all bonus content has indeed been shared across all profiles or is it restricted to the purchased profile?

The bonuses are tied to the account that bought them. Every other user on the Playstation will have full access to the game but it will be like playing the standard edition, without the bonuses. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KosproGG said:

The bonuses are tied to the account that bought them. Every other user on the Playstation will have full access to the game but it will be like playing the standard edition, without the bonuses. 

Whooof! Glad I asked then. Cheers for the info lad Very much appreciated. I take it nothing is really lost by just having the standard version then?

Edited by DanteIshimura
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Whooof! Glad I asked then. Cheers for the info lad Very much appreciated. I take it nothing is really lost by just having the standard version then?

According to the official rockstar support wesbite (https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/6158807214739/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Ultimate-Edition-benefits-on-Red-Dead-Online-characters-created-after-May-10-2022)

Ultimate Edition benefits for Red Dead Online include:
The Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit
The Copperhead Enforcer Outfit
Black Chestnut Thoroughbred
High Plains Cutting Saddle
Free access to the Survivor Camp Theme
Free access to the Volcanic Pistol
Free access to the Pump-Action Shotgun
Free access to the Lancaster Varmint Rifle
The ability to Rank up faster to Rank 25

So unless you want a few more customisation options in online no you're not missing out by much at all

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2024 at 10:04 AM, lachiebra1000 said:

So unless you want a few more customisation options in online no you're not missing out by much at all

whilst this is true for the most part, there are certain horses, outfits and bonus camp missions that are locked behind the payed edition. the bonus $1000 will help a lot in online. There’s also some gold included for online which would be enough to buy a role, which at the very least would mean a minimum of 5 hours online grinding no more. If you can buy the ultimate edition on your current account then i would definitely recommend it

Edited by MistaNorty