Having trouble finding all manuscripts Here's a quick tip I can give

One you won't be able to get on manuscripts even if you do all side quests on your first play through as some of them are locked in hard mode and in the vr missions

And if you're wondering how you get the manuscripts in hard mode here's how

1. Defeat the classified Intel in each region while on hard mode as they will drop a manuscript and a material to make the Genji set

2. After that he comes down to side quests (Note you can skip some of them) In order to know which side quests has the manuscript go to the map then go down to quest (You'll know if it has a manuscript if you see a book icon near the quest if it doesn't just ignore it)

and with that you should have your character maxed out this is especially helpful for clouds since he has two solo challenges especially with bonds of friendship (Even if it is a slight boost you're going to need what you can get)

You can't just ignore some sidequests that don't give manuscripts, some sidequests are required for others.

Best thing is to Chapter select 13, and do all classified intel and sidequests while abusing Chocobo stops for HP & MP regen (Be sure to leave Tonberry King for Johnny's sidequest or you will have to kill it twice)

(Cushion are sold everywhere and they are extremely cheap)

FYI: For can't stop won't stop sidequest, just do the battle arena step and ignore the rest. All other sidequests are pretty easy, especially with fast travel.

On 4/25/2024 at 9:47 PM, oYazmat said:

You can't just ignore some sidequests that don't give manuscripts, some sidequests are required for others.

Best thing is to Chapter select 13, and do all classified intel and sidequests while abusing Chocobo stops for HP & MP regen (Be sure to leave Tonberry King for Johnny's sidequest or you will have to kill it twice)

(Cushion are sold everywhere and they are extremely cheap)

FYI: For can't stop won't stop sidequest, just do the battle arena step and ignore the rest. All other sidequests are pretty easy, especially with fast travel.

1st yes, I decided to do all classified info once I get everything rolling so that way I can get for things to make the Genji set

2nd, you can hypothetically do all side missions in chapter 13. I wouldn’t recommend it as the amount since it’s pretty overwhelming (Plus, if you’re completing hard mode anyway just start from chapter 1 and do everything as it goes on)

3rd I checked, and most side missions not require the manuscript. If you wanna be on the safe side, finish it and if you miss some, by the time you get to chapter 13 you can easily knock them out.

1 minute ago, Justinlh6400 said:

1st yes, I decided to do all classified info once I get everything rolling so that way I can get for things to make the Genji set

2nd, you can hypothetically do all side missions in chapter 13. I wouldn’t recommend it as the amount since it’s pretty overwhelming (Plus, if you’re completing hard mode anyway just start from chapter 1 and do everything as it goes on)

3rd I checked, and most side missions not require the manuscript. If you wanna be on the safe side, finish it and if you miss some, by the time you get to chapter 13 you can easily knock them out.

Personally, I did the sidequests as they became available in each Chapter, pretty quivk with skip cutscenes and fast travel. No need to worry about MP since you can use a cushion in a Chocobo Stop. Didn't feel like a chore