Commendation trophy bugged??

The few people that I've played with that had nearly no progress prior or were new had no issue popping the trophy. I've been trying to work out exactly what's going on for this trophy and the 10 title one on my end as it seems like it's screwy if you had a bunch of progress carry over.
I did about 30 commendations between Tall Tales, Trading Companies, and Bilge Rats over the last 3 days with 0 of them registering on the tracker.
Then out of nowhere today, I'm at 10/100 on the tracker today. I don't know when or which one popped it. I don't know if it's just looking for particular commendations, if the servers communicating with the Sony systems are REALLY slow, or if it's just straight bugged.
Titles I've been stuck on 50/100 since the early launch started. I've gotten minimum 10 just since early launch started and I've only just now tripped it to 90/100. I've gotten 2 since I've noticed it there and neither has pushed it to unlocking.

It sucks as those two are my last on plat. 🤪

Edited by ProfessorHowl

I have a lot of progress on PC/Xbox, with hundreds of commendations unlocked. After about 40 hours played and unlocking additional commendations, I am still at 0/100 progress for the trophy. 

Same thing with titles. 

I'm also unable to unlock the 3 tutorial voyages trophy, with the progression still locked at 0/100 after multiple attempts. 

5 minutes ago, SupergiantStarr said:

I have a lot of progress on PC/Xbox, with hundreds of commendations unlocked. After about 40 hours played and unlocking additional commendations, I am still at 0/100 progress for the trophy. 

Same thing with titles. 

I'm also unable to unlock the 3 tutorial voyages trophy, with the progression still locked at 0/100 after multiple attempts. 

this is the same for me having nearly all titles already on pc with 1500 hours played and i cant get the same trophies as you hopefully devs fix soon 

On 4/28/2024 at 4:16 AM, Sandydog256 said:

Yeah the trophies seem to be bugged cus i got the 20 chests on my ship at once trophy even tho i had nothing on my ship 🤣

There are only certain chests can count. Do the gold hoarder voyage that gives you 3 chests from a large island 7 times and you’ll get the trophy. Thats how I got it. I also had like 30 chests on board and it didn’t pop, then I read an old Xbox guide where only certain chests count.

Reading some old Xbox guides, it’s seems like unlocking this commendation achievement was broken as well, and from what I read, the only ones that count are commendations tied to anything that was available at launch. So that’s the gold hoarders, merchant alliance and order of souls commendations. Even then people said they needed about 15 (5-6 from each alliance) to get it to pop.

Fwiw I have a theory that some of the tracker trophies aren't actually trackers, and it's just a binary check to see if you have the commendation or not. For example, the nautical miles travelled on voyages trackers stay at 0 for me. This could be wrong, but just a thought. 

On 4/28/2024 at 4:59 PM, VereorChris said:

I had a ton of stuff done on PC and didn’t auto pop anything that was a one time event. People say to contact the devs. They told me if they didn’t pop in 72 hours to email them again.

I messaged them too, they tried unlocking them on their side, but nothing happened on PS5 side. I’ll wait a few days and see.

Luckily I’m fairly new and my issue is with “Shopping for Promotion” and “When You Are a Professional Pirate”. 

Still debating if I should scrap my about a day’s worth of played time and start a new pirate.

9 hours ago, Matekki said:

I messaged them too, they tried unlocking them on their side, but nothing happened on PS5 side. I’ll wait a few days and see.

Luckily I’m fairly new and my issue is with “Shopping for Promotion” and “When You Are a Professional Pirate”. 

Still debating if I should scrap my about a day’s worth of played time and start a new pirate.

Ive been told to wait 72 hours twice at this point. Todays patch did nothing for me. I still havent unlocked...

• But You Have Heard Of Me
  • Pirate Legend
  • Self Entitled

Which should all have popped like everyone else since you can only do these once. The only option I think I have left is to wait and see if these actually fix and do everything else or delete my pirate and start over which I really do not want to do.

Edited by VereorChris

4 hours ago, VereorChris said:

Ive been told to wait 72 hours twice at this point. Todays patch did nothing for me. I still havent unlocked...

• But You Have Heard Of Me
  • Pirate Legend
  • Self Entitled

Which should all have popped like everyone else since you can only do these once. The only option I think I have left is to wait and see if these actually fix and do everything else or delete my pirate and start over which I really do not want to do.

I was told the same thing by support. Waited 72 hours and then sent another ticket in. I was told there was miscommunication on the first ticket and that it is 72 hours from today on official launch as that was when servers would "start to synchronize progress." I don't really believe that as almost a quarter of premium edition players unlocked the trophy fine. But we'll see, I guess. It wouldn't be the true Sea of Thieves experience Xbox and Steam got without achievements bugging out and glitches everywhere lmao

2 hours ago, ProfessorHowl said:

I was told the same thing by support. Waited 72 hours and then sent another ticket in. I was told there was miscommunication on the first ticket and that it is 72 hours from today on official launch as that was when servers would "start to synchronize progress." I don't really believe that as almost a quarter of premium edition players unlocked the trophy fine. But we'll see, I guess. It wouldn't be the true Sea of Thieves experience Xbox and Steam got without achievements bugging out and glitches everywhere lmao

Did you also not unlock Pirate Legend and such? Also if its 72 hours after the game launches they need to be more specific in the emails.

3 hours ago, VereorChris said:

Did you also not unlock Pirate Legend and such? Also if its 72 hours after the game launches they need to be more specific in the emails.

I got Pirate Legend but had Gold Hoarder 75 and Athena 20 not unlock.
To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical of the whole "it's 72 hours post official launch" myself. But considering that the Xbox launch in 2018 had similar issues with both tracking and with unlocking achievements that took up to 2 weeks for some people to actually get, I'm inclined to believe that this might be the case here and we're just looking at the same issue 6 years later on a different platform.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 8:16 AM, Sandydog256 said:

Yeah the trophies seem to be bugged cus i got the 20 chests on my ship at once trophy even tho i had nothing on my ship 🤣

I've been having issues with this trophy, as well as many others. 

Lvl 75 with gold hoarders, order of souls and merchant.  I'm lvl 80 with order, 77 with gold and 76 with merchant, no trophies :(

I've sailed through numerous storms now with no lights on my ship lit up and no trophy

I really hope the devs fix these but I'm not holding my breath. 

30 minutes ago, Sneeches said:

I've been having issues with this trophy, as well as many others. 

Lvl 75 with gold hoarders, order of souls and merchant.  I'm lvl 80 with order, 77 with gold and 76 with merchant, no trophies :(

I've sailed through numerous storms now with no lights on my ship lit up and no trophy

I really hope the devs fix these but I'm not holding my breath. 

2 hours ago, ProfessorHowl said:

I got Pirate Legend but had Gold Hoarder 75 and Athena 20 not unlock.
To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical of the whole "it's 72 hours post official launch" myself. But considering that the Xbox launch in 2018 had similar issues with both tracking and with unlocking achievements that took up to 2 weeks for some people to actually get, I'm inclined to believe that this might be the case here and we're just looking at the same issue 6 years later on a different platform.

im in the same boat (lol) as you two. I have level 77 in GH and no trophy. I was playing since early access and I emailed them about it and they gave me the same response as everyone else: wait 72 hours. After 72 hours I emailed them back and they said they would escalate to the dev team. We’ll see. Also I’ve unlocked like 60 commendations and my counter still says 0/100

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 9:17 PM, MrMetMrZep2087 said:

im in the same boat (lol) as you two. I have level 77 in GH and no trophy. I was playing since early access and I emailed them about it and they gave me the same response as everyone else: wait 72 hours. After 72 hours I emailed them back and they said they would escalate to the dev team. We’ll see. Also I’ve unlocked like 60 commendations and my counter still says 0/100

For the commendations that you've unlocked, were any of them base game things like "Gold Earned during Gold Hoarder voyages", "Nautical Miles during Merchant voyages", "Voyages done for Order of Souls"? I'm thinking maybe the conditions were never changed and this is why our counters don't go up. I have 10/100 on commendations so something happened somewhere. I just have no way of knowing what moved the bar. So, I'm going to be trying stuff that was in the base version in order to see if maybe that moves the needle at all.

Btw for people that are only reading this thread: "Self Entitled" did eventually pop for me this morning. So there IS something to the "wait 72 hours" since the only title I unlocked this week was on Tuesday morning for the level 10 Plunder Pass. Whether it was that specific title or something older that the game finally recognized, I'll never have any idea lol.

Edit: Gold Hoarder 75 and Athena 20 pinged just moments ago. Commendations still bugged as of right now at 10/100

Edited by ProfessorHowl

On 5/3/2024 at 4:06 AM, ProfessorHowl said:

For the commendations that you've unlocked, were any of them base game things like "Gold Earned during Gold Hoarder voyages", "Nautical Miles during Merchant voyages", "Voyages done for Order of Souls"? I'm thinking maybe the conditions were never changed and this is why our counters don't go up. I have 10/100 on commendations so something happened somewhere. I just have no way of knowing what moved the bar. So, I'm going to be trying stuff that was in the base version in order to see if maybe that moves the needle at all.

Btw for people that are only reading this thread: "Self Entitled" did eventually pop for me this morning. So there IS something to the "wait 72 hours" since the only title I unlocked this week was on Tuesday morning for the level 10 Plunder Pass. Whether it was that specific title or something older that the game finally recognized, I'll never have any idea lol.

Edit: Gold Hoarder 75 and Athena 20 pinged just moments ago. Commendations still bugged as of right now at 10/100

The commendations were all kinda. Somewhere forgetting flames from the ferry of the Damned, some were finding glitter beard journals, some were turning in cooked food. And I had one that was reach grade 3 emissary with the merchant alliance 50 times or something and that one didn’t count either.

the good news is my GH 75 trophy and pirate title did pop. But yeah 0/100 for commendations still…

Yep I’m stuck at 10/100 on the commendations. I have like 400 hours on Xbox so i believe im just one of those who transferred over and got stuck for the moment, I contacted support about the self entitled one and they were actually able to get that to pop for me, also mentioned the commendations one and they were either focusing on one at a time or just didn’t do it, probably because they have a huge amount of people with the same issue. It might just bugged for the time being

21 hours ago, TheDevilsCallin said:

Yep I’m stuck at 10/100 on the commendations. I have like 400 hours on Xbox so i believe im just one of those who transferred over and got stuck for the moment, I contacted support about the self entitled one and they were actually able to get that to pop for me, also mentioned the commendations one and they were either focusing on one at a time or just didn’t do it, probably because they have a huge amount of people with the same issue. It might just bugged for the time being

Yes the titles one finally popped but commendations are just not tracking unfortunately.