Debugging Destiny

SQUALL20X

Cracking the Code  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Can we collectively discover a workaround to make Roundabout obtainable on PS4?

• Yes, I’m optimistic!
    • No, it seems too elusive.
    • Not sure, but I appreciate the effort.
    • I haven’t played Roundabout, so I can’t say.

Posted (edited)

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness.” 🕯️

Hey there, fellow gamers ...

I know many of you have moved on from Roundabout, and honestly I don’t blame you. The game’s been gathering digital dust, and the developer seems to have vanished into the gaming abyss, but guess what? I’m not throwing in the towel just yet! 💪

Why? Because we’ve seen it happen before, remember Tomb Raider I Remastered unattainable trophy? Well, a clever player found a workaround (check how), a glitch that led to victory. 🏆 (The game has now been patched to grant the trophy normally)

Inspired by their tenacity, I’ve decided to take matters into my own hands, no more waiting for the developer’s magic wand, let’s form a community, share insights, and dissect every pixel, let’s light our own path, one candle at a time, who’s with me? Share your thoughts below, and let’s turn the game around! 🎮

Edited by SQUALL20X

Posted (edited)

Introduction: Firstly, I’d like to address the mysterious missing 0.2% in Roundabout’s completion percentage. While we don’t have definitive answers, some clues have surfaced, notably the “Smoke & Mirrors” trophy has been implicated as a potential cause on the PS4. However, it’s worth noting that this trophy isn’t required for 100% completion on Xbox and Steam versions.

Observations and Puzzles: Here are some intriguing observations I’ve made during my playthrough:

1. Collectabiles:

• Collecting two cash stashes contributes 0.1% to the completion percentage.
    • However, gathering six cash stashes only boosts it to 0.2%. This seems a bit odd, doesn’t it?

2. Weird Percentage Bump:

• During the second mission, I dropped off the passenger just before reaching the end.
    • To my surprise, the completion percentage increased slightly. What triggered this unexpected bump?
  3. Instant Saving Feature:

• Exiting to the main menu immediately after obtaining a collectible results in its disappearance upon returning.
    • Clearly, the game employs an instant saving feature. 

Hypothesis: While the 100% trophy itself isn’t glitched (it’s correctly coded), the issue lies in the percentage calculation, something isn’t tallying up as expected. To crack this mystery, I propose a comprehensive, meticulously documented run, by meticulously tracking every action, collectible and other relevant factors, we might uncover the elusive 0.2%. 🕵️🔍

Conclusion: Let’s rally the Roundabout community! Share your experiences, theories, and any additional anomalies you’ve encountered. 🚗💨

Edited by SQUALL20X
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

What I’m trying to do is find a glitch or workaround that allows the percentage to increase slightly, we only need 0.2% more for the elusive 100% trophy. While I’m not primarily focusing on this game, I’m committed to the long journey ahead. I’ll definitely need help from the community, if we collaborate as a group, our chances of uncovering a solution are much higher, your support and encouragement are greatly appreciated!

Edited by SQUALL20X

On 5/2/2024 at 8:40 AM, SQUALL20X said:

1. Collectabiles:

• Collecting two cash stashes contributes 0.1% to the completion percentage.
    • However, gathering six cash stashes only boosts it to 0.2%. This seems a bit odd, doesn’t it?

If you were testing this from a whole percentage (e.g. 0%), then it's probably because the game rounds the percentage to the nearest decimal. I imagine picking up two of these stashes would bump the completion up to 0.05%, which the game rounds to 0.1%. And then because of that, it looks odd when you find that you need 4 stashes to raise the percentage more, as 4 stashes would bump it to 0.15%, rounding it to 0.2% as you mentioned. Any less stashes than that would round to 0.1%.

Hope that helps, it's just something I notice happening when I play certain games. Then again, I've never played the game before, so these are all assumptions coming from me, and I could be wrong 😆

I wish you luck on this otherwise, it's nice to see when someone goes out of their way in an attempt to make a game obtainable. Only other thing I can think of that could affect it is like that weird percentage bump you mentioned, if there are more cases like that in the game, and they do give extra percentage, then it would be worth finding methods of earning those extra percentages.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 9:54 AM, PunisherXD said:

If you were testing this from a whole percentage (e.g. 0%), then it's probably because the game rounds the percentage to the nearest decimal. I imagine picking up two of these stashes would bump the completion up to 0.05%, which the game rounds to 0.1%. And then because of that, it looks odd when you find that you need 4 stashes to raise the percentage more, as 4 stashes would bump it to 0.15%, rounding it to 0.2% as you mentioned. Any less stashes than that would round to 0.1%.

Hope that helps, it's just something I notice happening when I play certain games. Then again, I've never played the game before, so these are all assumptions coming from me, and I could be wrong 😆

I wish you luck on this otherwise, it's nice to see when someone goes out of their way in an attempt to make a game obtainable. Only other thing I can think of that could affect it is like that weird percentage bump you mentioned, if there are more cases like that in the game, and they do give extra percentage, then it would be worth finding methods of earning those extra percentages.

Your insights make a lot of sense! Rounding to the nearest decimal seems likely, although I wish we could see the full number.

In theory, each cash stash might be worth 0.025%, but to be certain, I’ll need to collect more.

The real magic lies in finding any glitch or hidden mechanics that contribute to the percentage. I remember exiting to the main menu and returning, only to witness that mysterious percentage bump.

It’s heartwarming that you’re offering assistance even without having played the game yourself. 😊🌟🎮

Edited by SQUALL20X

Posted (edited)

So, I’ve included a quick poll to gauge our collective optimism. Can we crack the code? Feel free to cast your vote and share your thoughts. Together, we might just unravel this mystery! 🕵️🎮

Edited by SQUALL20X

I am down for this, need the play the game again though so it's on my list but it might be a case of you having to go for 100% completion in one sitting like the trophies in Mafia 3. I don't remember the exact names of those trophies but you could find it on the forums in Mafia 3

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Broni1992 said:

If you find a solution for this problem i would donate 200 euro to a charitiy (which could be decided by those, participated on finding the solution).

Your willingness to donate to charity for solving the Roundabout mystery is truly heartwarming. 🌟

22 hours ago, spookymanlego said:

I am down for this, need the play the game again though so it's on my list but it might be a case of you having to go for 100% completion in one sitting like the trophies in Mafia 3. I don't remember the exact names of those trophies but you could find it on the forums in Mafia 3

I truly appreciate your willingness to participate in solving this challenge. Attempting to complete all game objectives in one uninterrupted session can be a valid workaround for glitched trophies, by doing so, you minimize the chances of percentage calculation errors. However, keep in mind that this approach might be time-consuming and mentally taxing. If you’re up for the challenge, give it a try!

In some cases, when two trophies are supposed to unlock simultaneously (such as ‘What a Fool Believes’ and ‘Smoke & Mirrors’), glitches can occur, preventing their unlocking. Repeating the desert limo challenge might grant us the 100% trophy if a suggestion from a developer is to be believed. Happy gaming! 🌟🎮

Edited by SQUALL20X