Perfect Blood Edge trophy help.

my blade is level 11 and im trying to get it max level. does anyone know how many of the elite naytibas i can meet before the going to orbit ?? i have met a few of the optinal elites but i have a feeling that i have missed some of them. thanks 😊

Posted (edited)

oh thanks for answering ❤️ i have been reading but i was very unsure when it came to the blade, can i just get the same core from the elites again in ng+ ?? and the bodies ?? if i have understood it correct. 😊

Edited by Battlefield_Lars

47 minutes ago, Battlefield_Lars said:

oh thanks for answering ❤️ i have been reading but i was very unsure when it came to the blade, can i just get the same core from the elites again in ng+ ?? and the bodies ?? if i have understood it correct. 😊

Yes to both. Everything respawns in NG+.

Posted (edited)

I am early game (pre Matrix-11) and can name some that I fought, most were straight Weapon Core, but I remember maybe one or two were Damaged Weapon Core, so you needed to kill two enemies that dropped a Damaged variant in order to convert two broken into one fixed Weapon Core.

Enemies fought that dropped a Core:

| Demo Area - Rendezvous |

{During mission #1 - 7th Airborne Squad}

Weapon Core:

Spoiler

Brute [Elite Naytiba]

---

| Eidos 7 |

Weapon Core:

Spoiler

Abaddon [Elite Naytiba]

Weapon Core:

Spoiler

Corrupter [Elite Naytiba]

Weapon Core:

Spoiler

Gigas [Alpha Naytiba]

---

| Wasteland |

Damaged Weapon Core [*** Due to the damage, it can't be used as an enhancement material. It can still be repaired.]:

Spoiler

Gigas (rematch)

Damaged Weapon Core [*** Due to the damage, it can't be used as an enhancement material. It can still be repaired.]:

Spoiler

Brute (rematch)

Spoiler

Corrupter (rematch)

--- 

Altess Leviore |

Weapon Core:

Spoiler

Maelstrom [Elite Naytiba]

---

Mine is at level 6/15 - and doing the maths, I reckon two out of all of them I fought gave me a broken variant, which meant that those two essentially equal to just one single Core.

Edit:

It seems x3 were Damaged, and x2 Damaged become x1 Weapon Core, leaving a surplus of x1 Damaged in inventory, so Blood Edge:6/15 even though that's my current level, the maths is not adding up, how is it at level 6 then, and not 5 with a remainder of a Damaged Core??? Can anyone see how I am at level 6 then, did I forget an early game enemy that awarded a Core I haven't listed then?

Edit 2:

One was indeed forgotten.  Demo Area - Rendezvous, this area you face a

Spoiler

Brute [Elite Naytiba]

for the first time, and automatically get given a full Weapon Core x1 by the game - which is sitting inside your inventory unbeknownst initially by the player unless you're checking.  Under 'Important Items', first category in your 'Bag' and the very first item, this is where you'll find the Weapon Core x1.

Edited by J-S_93
Accuracy

Posted (edited)

I'm currently replay NG to get all naytibas and now i'm stay at matrix 11. Here is full list of elite/alpha naytibas before Spire 4

Eidos 7

Spoiler

Abaddon

Corruptor

Gigas

Wasteland (damaged core)

Spoiler

Gigas (rematch)

Brute

Corruptor (rematch)

Altess Leviore

Spoiler

Malestorm (1st)

Matrix 11

Spoiler

Stalker

Juggernaut

Tachy

Great Desert

Spoiler

Abaddon (Rematch)

Stalker (Rematch)

Behemoth

Abyss Leviore

Spoiler

Malestorm (2nd)

Edited by BehemortHz

2 hours ago, vsvpl1501 said:

You also can buy some weapon cores at D1G-g2r shops after his quest.

You can't just buy them.

You must defeat x2 enemies that drop a broken one each, that then allows you to trade in x2 broken for x1 fixed.

Posted (edited)
On 5/7/2024 at 2:45 PM, Battlefield_Lars said:

thanks for all the info :)

No problem, but I now fear I am also forgetting to mention one but not sure though, as I looked back at some recorded footage I had and at the Damaged Cores awarded, and the maths for me to be level 6/15 seems off and doesn't quite add up, and sadly I have a lot of missing footage :(, if you look back at my prior post I mention some of this, but maybe someone will figure it out.

I'm trying to remember if the demo area awarded one? Can anyone remember that area where you first meet Tachy? Any Weapon Core awarded somewhere there?

I don't recall and have missing footage from that part.

EDIT:
MISSED ONE WAS START OF GAME, AUTOMATICALLY AWARDED TO PLAYER'S INVENTORY.

Edited by J-S_93
Accuracy

You need to collect weapon cores that you receive for defeating the story bosses in the game. You need 15 cores to max out the Blood Edge.

In some quests you will fight against mutated Elite Naytibas, which are harder versions of bosses you’ve already fought. Killing a mutated Elite Naytibas will earn you a Damaged Weapon Core. At D1G-g2r’s shop in the Scrap Yard in north-northeast Wasteland (or in Xion after his quest line) you can trade in two damaged Weapon Cores for one weapon core. However, D1G-g2r only has a limited amount of 2 Weapon Cores. So you only need to kill 4 mutated Elite Naytibas to get both.

But you need two playthrough anyway so dont worry! 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, vsvpl1501 said:

You need to collect weapon cores that you receive for defeating the story bosses in the game. You need 15 cores to max out the Blood Edge.

In some quests you will fight against mutated Elite Naytibas, which are harder versions of bosses you’ve already fought. Killing a mutated Elite Naytibas will earn you a Damaged Weapon Core. At D1G-g2r’s shop in the Scrap Yard in north-northeast Wasteland (or in Xion after his quest line) you can trade in two damaged Weapon Cores for one weapon core. However, D1G-g2r only has a limited amount of 2 Weapon Cores. So you only need to kill 4 mutated Elite Naytibas to get both.

But you need two playthrough anyway so dont worry! 

Are you saying that in the entire game there are only x3 enemies that drop a Damaged Weapon Core each?

But to get x2 full Weapon Cores from the vendor, you need x4 Damaged, and the only way to get a 4th Damaged is by doing another playthrough, are you saying this?

Or are there more opportunities to earn an additional Damaged Weapon Core in the same playthrough, as in more than x3 Damaged in one playthrough?

You see, I don't want to be relying on multiple playthroughs, I'm trying to do most things possible in a single playthrough and am being thorough.

And am trying to write a checklist for the game which I plan to put out at some point.

Edited by J-S_93

Posted (edited)

INGAME SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WARNING

Sorry I'm currently writing the guide. You will get one weapon core from every story boss if I aint wrong. 

Damaged core you will get from side quest and the mutated Bosses. (I dont know how many actualy) 

Damaged Core from quest:

The Brute for the Brute trophy can be found in the Forbidden Area in the Wasteland.

And the Behemoth, for the Behemoth  trophy (this is also a part of Kaya’s storyline - Sisterly Love ), can be found in the northwest of the Great Desert.

If you’re looking for 2 more, may we suggest the mutated Corrupter (east-southeast from the Scrap Yard - just follow the path east from the Scrap Yard entrance and you’ll encounter it) for one.

You can also find a mutated Gigas in the Oil Storage Field in the Wasteland; as well as a mutated Abaddon in the Buried Ruins in northeast Great Desert. Both of which are tied to side quests.

Because of the 2 Weapon Cores we got from D1g-g2r, we were able to unlock the ‘Perfect Blood Edge’ trophy after defeating the Demogorgon at the top of the Orbital Lift (with multiple bosses left to fight).

Just to point this out. Just play until you finished Abyss Levoire. Go back to Xion and DONT to anything besides:

1. Finish every side quest and bulletin board request till this point. 

2. Revisit each area and collect everything you missed! (Eidos 9 and Spire 4 will be the last two Areas AFTER you talked to Lily) Make sure Lily's Bar is at 100% you increase it with collectibles and side quest!

3. Work on every combat releated trophy

After you have obtained the trophys: spacer.png

you can proceed to the Tetrapod in Xion. Here you actually want to go to Spire 4 but Lily asks you as soon as the bar is at 100% if you can go to Eidos 9 to get something in her Atelier. If that happens, you've done everything right!

After that you just go through spire 4 and have enough weapon cores.

Edited by vsvpl1501

Posted (edited)

there are always people online, but if you have explicit questions about games, you have to hope that there are people online who are familiar with them.

Right! For the Naytiba Researcher you NEED the return to the colony ending. You should be at 64/67 Naytibas before the last fight. If you get the choice DO NOT TAKE the hand!

Edited by vsvpl1501

Posted (edited)

I knew it!

I knew the maths being off was right, I did miss mentioning a Naytiba boss that drops a full Weapon Core.

Yeah, so very first starting area, where the demo and main game have us fight our way to the Rendezvous, we actually meet the

Spoiler

Brute [Elite Naytiba]

for the first time, and beating it leads us to cut scenes, and then followed by a title splash screen, then more cut scenes, and then we end up in Silent Street: Eidos 7, and in our inventory; which we did NOT pick up ourselves! But which the game automatically does for us, is a full Weapon Core x1, under 'Important Items', first category and very first item in your 'Bag'; so its

Spoiler

(Brute's)

Wasteland appearance; which actually is a rematch happens to be its second appearance for us, hence it dropping a Damaged Weapon Core when facing it in the Wasteland on that next occasion.

So, the first appearance gives a full Weapon Core.

So, pre Matrix 11, 6/15 for Blood Edge with the remainder of a Damaged Weapon Core x1.

I had to start the game again as Guest1, to make sure I wasn't going crazy...

I have updated my earlier post.

Edited by J-S_93
Accuracy