Albino gray wolf - some sort of glitch?

Been on this for a while. First with the most recent patch + wolves glitch, after 1000s of kills I found a total of 2 white eggs and 1 red brown.

Then, I decided to try with a previous patch so I could level up in the meantime for Cuatro Colinas. The difference is big, the rare furs are way more frequent, however it seems that any white wolf I harvest is always a white egg. I can swear that I have seen wolves being way whiter than a white egg, yet when i harvested them I would still get a white egg fur regardless. Was there any ongoing glitch back in late 2020 where the game would mistakenly label an albino as white egg?

So far I got probably over 20 white eggs and around 50 red browns, also 1 melanistic.

Well, complaining on psnp has once again worked.

Finally got the albino, I didn't even noticed it when I was shooting the whole herd until I went to harvest, and I can definitely say that the one i got looks perfectly identical (regarding the color) with a few other wolves I got before that were white eggs, so yes, I think there were some issues regarding the fur color. Any clear white could be a white egg or an albino, only way to know is to harvest it. Done on patch 1.58

On 5/10/2024 at 1:46 PM, Seqqeqeth said:

I thought the nose colour gave it away but I could be wrong, I still don't have mine.

I should get back to this game but it has me so demotivated.

At least in the past, the difference i noticed was the white egg being very slightly pinker.

On 5/12/2024 at 1:03 AM, VirtualNight said:

At least in the past, the difference i noticed was the white egg being very slightly pinker.

I just recall what I know about albinos in general from tv shows and a dabble of other sources - albino is the complete lack of pigmentation, including skin, whereas the other colour is just a fur variant.

The complete lack of pigmentation rule extends to skin as well, which is why they are so rare, as they have less protection from the sun so their survival chances take a huge hit just from that alone. Even with human albinos, they have to be very careful, they have to cake on sunscreen even on cloudy days. It extends to the eyes as well, they can have trouble focusing.

Just some fun facts ; ) feel free to look up more info about it.