PS5 Trophy Definitive Guide

My aim is to create a definitive guide for people who previously played the game on PS4, and now want to earn trophies again on PS5.  There is a problem that Epic Games is clearly never going to fix, that causes people who earned trophies on PS4 to be unable to earn them again on the PS5 version.  There is a TON of conflicting and incorrect information floating around, so this is my attempt to clear up all the confusion.  I hope this post gets pinned to the top of the forum.

In short, the problem is that Epic Games tied trophy progress to the linked Epic games account, and not to the individual game version like they should have.  If you earned a trophy on PS4, you WILL NOT be able to earn the PS5 equivalent (with a few exceptions).  Here is the process I followed to overcome Epic Games incompetence. 

1) Log into the Epic Games website, and unlink your PSN account.  Link: https://www.epicgames.com/account/personal?productName=epicgames

2) Create a new Epic Games account, that you will use temporarily to earn trophies again.  Link the newly created account to your PSN account.  Instructions: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_EpicAccounts/c-ConnectedAccounts/how-do-i-link-my-console-account-to-my-epic-games-account-using-the-web-a000084834

3) This step seems to only be necessary for some people - I myself did have to follow it and can verify it works.  After following steps 1 and 2, you may get an error message when trying to load Fall Guys on your PS5.  If so, it can be fixed by downloading the Epic Games Windows Application, installing Fall Guys, launching the game and accepting the EULA.  Afterward, the game will also open properly on PS5.

4) Play Fall Guys on PS5 and earn as many trophies as you want.  Since Epic Games now thinks you are a "new" player, they will all unlock as they should.  Some tips from me are to play Casual Mode to make Infallible trivial to unlock, and to use any Kudos you earn on the Nameplate and Nickname items from the store for Fall Guys Fashionista.  Nameplates and Nicknames are by far the cheapest items, and two are available per day to purchase.  Some posts on this site claim that those items don't count for the trophy, BUT THEY DO.  I personally unlocked the trophy by purchasing these items.

5) OPTIONAL - linking back your original account.  There is also a ton of misinformation about this on this site.  A lot of people say it isn't possible to re-link your original account.  This is BS, I did it with absolutely no problem.  Just follow steps 1 and 2 of my guide, and link your original account again.  I personally did not have to do step 3 again when doing so.  Fall Guys opened up on my PS5 with zero issues, with all my original progress perfectly intact (all cosmetics, kudos, crowns, etc). 

The other thing to note here is that Epic Games Support has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what they're talking about.  I'm not even sure if real people or AI bots are the ones responding.  I (and many others) have contacted them about several of the points mentioned in this guide, and they have straight up lied to people.  Don't waste your time with them. 

I hope someone finds this useful.  I certainly spent more time that I should've needed to gathering this information. 

• Like 3

On 5/10/2024 at 3:34 AM, thecowwarrior said:

My aim is to create a definitive guide for people who previously played the game on PS4, and now want to earn trophies again on PS5.  There is a problem that Epic Games is clearly never going to fix, that causes people who earned trophies on PS4 to be unable to earn them again on the PS5 version.  There is a TON of conflicting and incorrect information floating around, so this is my attempt to clear up all the confusion.  I hope this post gets pinned to the top of the forum.

In short, the problem is that Epic Games tied trophy progress to the linked Epic games account, and not to the individual game version like they should have.  If you earned a trophy on PS4, you WILL NOT be able to earn the PS5 equivalent (with a few exceptions).  Here is the process I followed to overcome Epic Games incompetence. 

1) Log into the Epic Games website, and unlink your PSN account.  Link: https://www.epicgames.com/account/personal?productName=epicgames

2) Create a new Epic Games account, that you will use temporarily to earn trophies again.  Link the newly created account to your PSN account.  Instructions: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-US/c-Category_EpicAccounts/c-ConnectedAccounts/how-do-i-link-my-console-account-to-my-epic-games-account-using-the-web-a000084834

3) This step seems to only be necessary for some people - I myself did have to follow it and can verify it works.  After following steps 1 and 2, you may get an error message when trying to load Fall Guys on your PS5.  If so, it can be fixed by downloading the Epic Games Windows Application, installing Fall Guys, launching the game and accepting the EULA.  Afterward, the game will also open properly on PS5.

4) Play Fall Guys on PS5 and earn as many trophies as you want.  Since Epic Games now thinks you are a "new" player, they will all unlock as they should.  Some tips from me are to play Casual Mode to make Infallible trivial to unlock, and to use any Kudos you earn on the Nameplate and Nickname items from the store for Fall Guys Fashionista.  Nameplates and Nicknames are by far the cheapest items, and two are available per day to purchase.  Some posts on this site claim that those items don't count for the trophy, BUT THEY DO.  I personally unlocked the trophy by purchasing these items.

5) OPTIONAL - linking back your original account.  There is also a ton of misinformation about this on this site.  A lot of people say it isn't possible to re-link your original account.  This is BS, I did it with absolutely no problem.  Just follow steps 1 and 2 of my guide, and link your original account again.  I personally did not have to do step 3 again when doing so.  Fall Guys opened up on my PS5 with zero issues, with all my original progress perfectly intact (all cosmetics, kudos, crowns, etc). 

The other thing to note here is that Epic Games Support has ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what they're talking about.  I'm not even sure if real people or AI bots are the ones responding.  I (and many others) have contacted them about several of the points mentioned in this guide, and they have straight up lied to people.  Don't waste your time with them. 

I hope someone finds this useful.  I certainly spent more time that I should've needed to gathering this information. 

Thank you so much ! I was not sure if it was possible to re-link the account. G O A T 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OrlandoBrake said:

Thank you so much ! I was not sure if it was possible to re-link the account. G O A T 

Thank you for the kind words.  I am glad my efforts were useful to someone.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2024 at 11:26 AM, OrlandoBrake said:

is not possible, so bad idea if you have skins or games on your original account

22 minutes ago, BreaTrollea said:

when you unlink an Epic account, you will never be able to link that Epic account again. I'm sure I've tried in the past with alt accounts and failed. But Epic warns you about it. I will try again later

https://ibb.co/VQQnZYW

I had no issues relinking. The warning in that screenshot doesn't mention anything about relinking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NeuralPotato said:

I had no issues relinking. The warning in that screenshot doesn't mention anything about relinking. 

when I tried it was not allowed, and the internet is full of posts that state the same thing. If they have changed it, it is a relatively recent. It clearly stated, one unlinked epic account could not be linked again.

Edited by BreaTrollea

17 hours ago, BreaTrollea said:

when I tried it was not allowed, and the internet is full of posts that state the same thing. If they have changed it, it is a relatively recent. It clearly stated, one unlinked epic account could not be linked again.

There are plenty of other posts where people state they successfully did re-link their accounts.  I'm telling you, with 100% certainty, that I re-linked mine and it worked just fine.  The entire point of my guide here was to try to dispel all the misinformation making the rounds about this game and Epic accounts.  It's very annoying that there is already someone trying to undo the work I've done.  I urge you to follow the steps I've written, and then post an update showing that it does work.  I don't want others to have to deal with all the lies and uncertainty that I was forced to sort out.

Edited by thecowwarrior
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 8:34 PM, thecowwarrior said:

This is probably a dumb question to ask, but with all of this said, this basically means auto pop is still not available and that even if I already got the platinum trophy on PS4, does it mean I have to get the platinum legitimately again instead of it auto popping??? If not, it's fine

On 5/10/2024 at 3:34 AM, thecowwarrior said:

Some tips from me are to play Casual Mode to make Infallible trivial to unlock

How? I qualified (and so "won") from more than 5 in a row maps on Unexplored Adventures but didn't get the trophy, what do you mean exactly with "casual mode"?

On 5/15/2024 at 10:29 PM, washy-quirk4 said:

This is probably a dumb question to ask, but with all of this said, this basically means auto pop is still not available and that even if I already got the platinum trophy on PS4, does it mean I have to get the platinum legitimately again instead of it auto popping??? If not, it's fine

That's exactly what it means.  Trophy unlocks are linked to your Epic Games account, not to your PSN account.  If you already unlocked it once, you need to link Fall Guys to a new Epic Games account.  Autopop will not work, and Epic has zero intention to fix it.  You gotta earn them all again.

On 5/17/2024 at 7:34 AM, GiaxUp said:

How? I qualified (and so "won") from more than 5 in a row maps on Unexplored Adventures but didn't get the trophy, what do you mean exactly with "casual mode"?

Casual Mode, unfortunately, appears to have been removed in the latest update.  You now have to be a god-tier player and legitimately win 5 in a row again, or keep your fingers crossed for a special event where it's easy to do.

3 hours ago, Lord_Brune said:

is it impossible to earn the PS5 platinum, when you have the PS4 platinum or is it possible with a trick/cheat?

I don't mean to be rude, but did you read my original post?  I literally spell it all out in excruciating detail.  Follow the guide I wrote.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thecowwarrior said:

That's exactly what it means.  Trophy unlocks are linked to your Epic Games account, not to your PSN account.  If you already unlocked it once, you need to link Fall Guys to a new Epic Games account.  Autopop will not work, and Epic has zero intention to fix it.  You gotta earn them all again.

Casual Mode, unfortunately, appears to have been removed in the latest update.  You now have to be a god-tier player and legitimately win 5 in a row again, or keep your fingers crossed for a special event where it's easy to do.

I don't mean to be rude, but did you read my original post?  I literally spell it all out in excruciating detail.  Follow the guide I wrote.

sry for my stupid answer, but I am frustrated about epic games and this weird issue. :) 

17 hours ago, thecowwarrior said:

No worries.  Honestly, the latest update made the game awful in my opinion.  It's really not worth hassling with it.

The issue is, I have started the PS5 Version before I know of this problem. I have a few trophies on the PS5 Version.