How to start in this game? (honor)

Posted (edited)

I was looking at the guide on missable trophies and I wonder: Does having high or low honor influence platinum? And if so, what type of actions should I do to have or not have honor and that the platinum is not affected.

Edited by Rodrii2305

There is a trophy for maxing either low or high honour. I played for high honour and you can't max it out properly until chapter 6. So you have lots of time to be nice. 

The only real missables are doing companion events for chapters 2, 3 and 4. Doing five item requests for companions (these can be done in one chapter if you spawn enough requests). The lending a hand trophy which is for doing all honour/missable missions in chapters 2, 3, 4 and 6 (which you will probably need a guide on so you know what to look out for).

Then there is donating 250 dollars to the camp. You can do this as early as chapter 2. If you wish to do so, just look up gold bar treasure quests. And the last missable is breaking an entering. You basically need to rob the loot boxes of specific places and there is only a select amount. I'm not even sure if this is missable really as you do get two as companion request missions, but you can also do them on your own. But when you do want to look into this trophy check a vid as there are specific ways you must get the loot. 

I'm near the end now and all I have left is the gambler challenges and the graves. The gambler challenges are pure rng and I would suggest doing them as early as possible as you have games you can play at camp which could help make this easier rather than going to saloons with multiple opponents. 

There’s one trophy for maxing out high or low honour which you won’t be able to do until Chapter 6.

You can gain higher honour by donating money or items to the camp, doing chores, simply greeting people in town and helping out strangers in certain encounters.

Gain low honour by murdering people, robbing, killing pets or sheep at Emerald Ranch.

Another thing with donating money to the camp. As Feral said, donating increases your honour, but don't go crazy with donations. Once you donate the 250 for the trophy, invest in everything else in terms of upgrades and then stick to 20 dollar donations whenever you visit camp. It's a pretty meaningless feature other than helping increase your honour, and giving them loads of money won't make any sense in the long run. 

Just throwing it out there that if I recall correctly, at least one of the stranger missions require high enough honor before it will appear.

Also, the easiest and fastest way to increase honor is to just greet people on the street. Go to a largely populated area like Saint Denis and keep finding new people to say hello to.

Edited by RAGEKlTTEN

There are also plenty of lists out there of all missions with recommended order so you don't miss anything. I went by those just so I didn't progress the main story too far and miss an optional mission. If you do that and make the good choices, avoid killing unnecessarily, then you should be good. 

And yes donating passed the $250 is useless. Your honor starts to cap and won't raise any higher depending on your progress in the story. You really can't max honor until chapter 6 where some missable stranger missions appear that won't if your honor is too low. Once you do like one of them in chapter 6 your honor spikes to max. My honor capped at like 80% for several chapters and then I did like one optional honor mission in chapter 6 and it spiked to the max and the trophy popped. There are many optional ones in chapter 6 all over the map once you're high enough and close enough.