I need MAJOR help with MyTeam/gameplay in general

C4G4SS

First time NBA2K player here. This game is really, REALLY hard. I haven't won a single game yet. 

Having bronze players probably doesn't help, but I really have no idea what I'm doing and the tutorial is useless. I need help with these issues:

1. How the hell do I steal the ball without getting fouled? How do I play on defense? I use L2 and Right Stick but they're pretty much useless. What's double team? What's 1-3-1? All it did is leave more space for them to drive and score.

2. Often against the PC, they have a player right under the basket, and that never happens to me. Is there a way to make uncontrolled players on my team move somewhere? Any tactics I can use? What do I do when my player is crowded? Cause I never seem to score unless the way is clear. 

So basically how do I defend and how do I attack properly :P

I need to learn ASAP before the servers close so any help will be appreciated, I'm going for the 82-0 trophy first. 

It would be easier if you saved VC for gold players.

1.L1 is double team and it's when 2 players gang up on the ball. 1-3-1 is certain play.

2.Use 2K Smart Play for other players to move under the basket.

Hope this helped. :D

BTW:I only completed 1 out of 82 games. ONE!!!

• Like 1

I just completed 82-0, and the best advice is to get a team of all gold players. With two or three being able to drain 3-pointers.

If your opponent has a lot of golds, then change your defense to "focus on stars" by pressing left on the d-pad. That helped me a lot.

Also, the CPU usually makes 100% of their free throws. So try to limit their attempts by not fouling too much.

I was just thinking about posting a thread like this as i am struggling on this game also. However i think that might be down to the fact that it is my first NBA game.

I can get the shooting timings down in pratice mode but when it comes to a game i cannot seem to get it right. Also i am finding it difficult to steal.

At the moment i am farming VC to get some packs for my MyTeam to get the 82-0 trophy. However what packs do you recommend getting so i can get some decent gold players to help me with this trophy.

Also i have been reading that it is impossible to boost the online trophies like the win 10 matches in a row online does anyone know if this is true or is it actually possible to boost it as i am really poor at this game but willing to learn as it seems to be quite fun.

Also if you want to boost any games that i own then feel free to send me a friend request