Should I start a new PSN account or keep my current account.

RoloBabs

Hi everyone, I'm new to pnsprofiles and I would like to ask the community if I should start a new psn ID or keep this ID.

The reasons i want to start again are:

1.I am from Germany but when I started this account I was living in Mexico so I thought it was the right thing to do, put Mexico as my country of residence, but now I am in Germany again and I don't know if I should start again.

2. I want to start collecting trophies or how its commonly known: trophy hunting.

The only reason that's holding me back is that I have GTA 5 platinum(easy platinum but very time consuming), I only have 7 platinums and 450 trophies in total.  

So what do you guys think?  should I continue trophy hunting using my Mexican account or should  I create a German account and start again? Also, do you use an account from your country or use an account from another country?

Thank you all for your replies.

I think it is better to keep your current account. It is very time consuming to plat GTA V platinum and the other 6 platinums you have.I see you progress far with your GTA IV. I dont really care about the national ranking of my PSN at all.

Oh, for my case my first account is Malaysia PSN since I live here. Somehow I have so many disadvantage for my first PSN account.I have trophies with missing timestamp,I cant download great classic games of PS1 and PS2 with my country PSN.So I created new US PSN and have used it for trophy hunting until now.I still keep my old PSN in case I bought physical copy of R3 games and need to use redeem codes since I cant use US account to redeem R3 download codes.

i'd keep the account, but if you care about national ranking, go and set up a new account.

i don't know if the PS store offers you much with the mexican ID but i think with a german ID there should be more, so maybe go and create a new one but that shall be your decision.. :lol:

• Like 1

Meh...7 plats and 450 trophies is nothin.

Register a US account. You'll get games that are censored in Germany and you'll pay less for them.

1. Setup a US PSN account using a hotel address in Delaware, or another sales tax-free state. Google Maps is your friend.

2. Setup a US PayPal account to pay for your US PSN games. Funds won't transfer from non-US PayPal accounts to the US PS Store. As above, use a hotel address.

3. Don't tie your bank account or credit card to the US PayPal Account. Simply "Send Money" in US dollars to the US account from your main PayPal account. Make the transaction "Pay for goods and service" so you don't pay PayPal transaction fees.

4. Transfer funds from US PayPal account to US PS Store account to pay for PSN games.

5. Download, then play US PSN games on any PS ID on your system, including the Mexican ID, if you'd prefer to keep it.

6. Profit.

Note: Vita games are account-locked, so only use this method for PS3 and PS4 games.

This all sounds like a ball-ache, but in practice, it's dead easy. You're just buying your games on the US PS Store with a US PayPal account, meaning you pay less for games and can access blocked titles.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 1