DLC weapons are not pay to win.

LtNepIffy

Like the title says, the DLC weapons like the Tactical Shotgun and Burst Pistol are not pay to win.

Why do I say that? Well, because I played with all of them and I might do a little bit better, but probably by 1 down or 2. Let me explain with comparisons:

9mm Vs Enforcer: You might be saying: "Why not the Revolver? The 9mm sucks!" Well, everybody has got their best sidearm, and for me, its the 9mm. Has for the comparison, the Enforcer downs in 4 body shots, 2 head shots or 2 body shots and 1 head shot. Compared to the 9mm: the 9mm downs in 5 body shots, 2 head shots or 2 body shots and 1 head shot. Apart from the body shot only difference, they are basically the same, except for 2 noticeable differences:

1- The Enforcer is 1 loadout point without a silencer, with a silencer its 3 loadout points. Compared to the 9mm, the 9mm is free without a silencer, with a silencer, its 1 loadout point.

2. The 9mm without the 250 upgrade fires faster than the Enforcer without the 300 upgrade.

Tactical Shotgun Vs Bow: I'm gonna get quite a bit of hate for this, but before you type your angry comment, hear me out: The Bow and  The Tactical Shotgun both down with 2 body shots, but the Bow instantly downs an enemy with 1 head shot, while the Tac Shotty does not. And the Tac Shotty loses damage afer 15 feet, while the Bow does not.

1- The Tac shotty is 3 loadout points without a silencer. With a silencer, its 5! While the Bow its 3 loadout points and its naturally silenced.

Assault Rifle Vs Specter: Assault Rifle downs with 5 shots to the body, 2 head shots or 1 head shot and 2 body shot. The Specter downs with 6 body shots, 2 head shots or 1 head shot and 2 body shots. 

1- The Specter as got a very, and I mean, VERY high recoil compared to the Assault Rifle.

2- The Specter is more inaccurate compared to the Assault Rifle.

3- The Specter may have a silencer, but you can have the same effect with the Assault Rifle if you are a quick player.

That's it. If you want to leave comments on how I am wrong, feel free to do so. I'm here to listen. And as always, ladies and gentlemen, I am out. Cheers and see ya.

I won't say that you are wrong but as a player in the "level" of the mid 400s I have seen many players use all the weapons effectively.  It just comes down to the players choice of weapons.

I prefer using the machete as my primary source of killing you.

Good luck and I look forward to hacking you down in three quick strokes.

• Like 1

I won't say that you are wrong but as a player in the "level" of the mid 400s I have seen many players use all the weapons effectively.  It just comes down to the players choice of weapons.

I prefer using the machete as my primary source of killing you.

Good luck and I look forward to hacking you down in three quick strokes.

Yup, and like I said in the comparison with the 9mm and the Enforcer, I prefer the 9mm, it does quick work for me. But I do use the other weapons just for fun. And that's what I want the TLOU community to return to, its just to have fun. Have a private match with flamethrowers, or other underrated weapons, have a punch only or shiv only match. Hell, do a 9mm only with pistol auto zoom 2 match. But that's my opinion. Its sad to see, but you can't change things on your own. I'm getting way too ranty, but I wanted to let this out. Have fun dude. :) Hope we meet in a match some day.