Coming back with the same issues again...

Raccoon_0

Anyone remember when I needed Linux help a few weeks back? I am at this point again. As I said... according to the examination board of Computer Science I am doing, getting help and information is allowed. So since this is a PC & Desktops section I don't see how this thread would be bad + I am not a member of other forums so you guys will just have to swallow this. 1. I am shit at computer science and I am barely understanding what I am doing anyway so when you write a reply, make it fool proof. I mean... fool proof... please don't start writing ''it's obvious just write *lines of code*'' and expect me to know what it means. THIS IS ALL LINUX TERMINAL So what I have to do is create a list file in the bin directory, I am in the bin directory and when I input the ls > list command I got permission denied so I somehow enabled sudo (I... I will just include a screenshot because I have no idea what I done but it stopped giving me a permission denied error so I took it as it worked) I wrote in the ls > list command and went into the bin folder, opened up the list file... it is empty ._. I have been doing it around 4 times and each time it appears empty and I am just not even sure what to do lol. How it is written on the exam paper: Navigate to the bin directory. Make a text file of the directory entries that you find there making sure that you display the attributes of all the files stored there. Note: Please do not troll, do not fake answers... this is a real exam and it won't be funny sorry.

EDIT: this is me forgetting to add a screenshot http://imgur.com/JEyjynxif the link doesn't work try: http://i.imgur.com/JEyjynx.png

sorry I can't check them, the computer is locked from imgur direct links for whatever reason.

Edited by Raccoon