National favorits and oddities

Golwar

So, on to the next statistics suggestion. :)

The idea consists of 2 parts:

1. You already cover the average completion for each game by all accounts united.

It would be interesting to see how the nations compare to each other.

Example:

The top RDR nations:

1. Croatia 31% average completion

2. Sweden 30%

3. ...

2. The other idea is related to the pure numbers of national accounts. It rates national favorite games by the amount active of players in comparison to the existing national player base.

So if for example there exist 200.000 accounts with Country X as the origin and 100.000 would play game Y, that would give them a 50% coverage. That would rate them superior to country A with 3 million accounts and just 1 million of those playing the game.

Both statistics could be simply added to each games overview.

Of course much more would be possible, I just mentioned those for the start. You could as well use the standard deviation to register national favorits. Take a nations average completion for all games in relation to the global average completion for all games. Weight the national average completion of game X in comparison to the global average completion rate for this game and you have another useful rating.

Hm, there was something else that I wanted to mention but I forgot it now. Well, I guess that should be enough for now. ^^

• Like 2

Ah, now I remembered. The previously mentioned statistics list top nations for each single game, one by one.

The missing idea was to create for each nation lists of the most favored games. I don't mean a simple list that just counts how many accounts played a certain game. It would rate how much a nation appreciates a game in comparison the rest of the world.

Example:

Game G1 reaches a national average completion X1 in comparison to the global average completion X2. Assume the numbers would be 36% and 30%, than the nation would reach a 120% rating for this specific game G1. Create a list from the highest to the lowest rating game and you'll get a list for each nation representing their national tastes.