Overall A Diamond in the Sand

I have played and beaten the original stranger's wrath on the original x-box; long ago; way long ago. And it really is a great underrated gem. It was one of few games where you could rope in bounties and collect the moolah. (Red Dead Redemption wasn't even in production then.) But all in all the game was and is still super fun. If you haven't had the delight of playing as Stranger, you should.

Story 5/5 (I felt it was top notch the first time, did see the plot the twists but didn't see the one at the end. Good story)

Gameplay 5/5 (This game is a platypus to put it boldly. if your not into the world of OddWorld you need to be. Although the critters and begins are strange at best it plays and moves along well for a game that is "strange". The gameplay was well thought out and worked on well with precision.)

Grahpics 5/5 (Given this is the original x-box graphics and we're in an age where that graphics shouldn't even be any more than a donkey prize the game does look nicely with the HD overhall. Although I will say, it looked good first time around also.)

Sound 3/5 (Eh, average sound, again. Donkey prize.)

Replay 3/5 (After beating a tale like this,

the end is more like an annoyance to finish than a goal. Near end bosses need to be re-balanced and the final boss felt rushed. But if you want to try for the trophies and that plat it won't be too hard; just annoying.)

Overall the game is very different but that what makes the inhabitants stick out in OddWorld games. Although it looks weird it is a solid shooter, with platform aspects and in my opinion a hidden gem.

Overall score 4/5  

• Like 2