Sonic the Fighters port to feature Honey the Cat, Robotnik, Metal Sonic

Lady Lilith

http://segabits.com/blog/2012/10/17/model-2-collection-confirmed-stf-with-playable-eggman-metal-sonic-and-honey-the-cat/

UPDATE: The three Model 2 Fighters (VF2, FV, STF) will be bundled for $15 on PSN. Those three come out this fall and the other two are “Winter 2013″ These are Japanese dates so no official dates for America/Europe yet.

HOLY S@#$!!

Remember when the rumor of this was first leaked and I asked Sega for a playable Honey the Cat? My wish came true!

Coming this fall through winter (to Japan at least) is a Model 2 Collection. five of Sega’s classic Model 2 games retailing roughly around 800MS Points ($10) each while if the translation is correct, PSN gets a 3-pack for $15. Some games prices are not known yet. This is a rough translation. Games included are…

Virtua Fighter 2

Sonic the Fighters

Virtua Striker

Fighting vipers

Virtual On

It is unknown what bonus features will be included at this time except for the 3 newly playable characters in Sonic The fighters. It appears that through a poor translation, most if not all five games should have online, though it’s not 100% confirmed. UPDATE: OFFICIAL SITE CONFIRMS VF2, FIGHTING VIPERS AND STF TO HAVE 2-PLAYER ONLINE! Did Sega hire a wish-granting Genie? rough translation after the jump. Also, you can check out the official site here.

Holy crap, I have to admit, online is a great feature, despite not being crazy about fighting games. Definitely will pick these up for a bundled for $15, that's a great deal. The extra characters are cool. Looks like Sega's really getting the lead out.

• Like 1