Sega reveals 3 Sonic games in development for 2013 (2 digital, 1 retail)

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/11/sega-confirms-new-sonic-games-for-2013/

You could have guessed this. But it’s one thing to speculate, it’s another thing to get some form of confirmation. Sega have confirmed several new Sonic game for 2013.

jazwares4.png

In the November 2012 edition of Toys ‘N’ Playthings there is an interview with Sissel Henno who happens to be the Head of Brand Licensing at Sega (Europe). The interview is mainly focused on Sonic merchandise, in it we get some insight into not only Sonic’s future as a brand, but also confirmation for several new games to be released in 2013.

When asked, “Looking to the future, how do you see your Sonic’s licensing growing over the next year?” Henno replies with…

Over the next year there will be a big focus across the toy distribution across Europe. Similarly, we will also be growing the apparel, publishing and stationary categories.
We will have several new digital titles launching as well as a new boxed game,
so there will be plenty of opportunities to link marketing campaigns across games and merchandise

Sega have hinted earlier in the year their intentions to push into the digital market, releases such as Sonic 4 and Sonic Jump are evidence of that. However this is the first time there has been solid evidence that a new boxed Sonic game is in production for 2013.

I'm looking forward to the retail release more than the digital releases. I'm curious though if one of the DD releases if Sonic 4 episode 3. I know one is probably some iOS/mobile crap.