Is digital version better?

fang7744

Hey everyone, just out of curiosity, is the digital version of the game better compared to disc? My disc version keeps crashing my ps3 so I'm thinking about buying it on the psn store. Is there any issues with the digital version compared to disc?

Thank you :) 

2 hours ago, fang7744 said:

Hey everyone, just out of curiosity, is the digital version of the game better compared to disc? My disc version keeps crashing my ps3 so I'm thinking about buying it on the psn store. Is there any issues with the digital version compared to disc?

Thank you :) 

I'm sure it would be better, nothing else the loading times will be better since a digital game will run faster on the PS3 compared to the same game running from disc on the PS3.

I'm not sure if it would help the crashing you're experiencing or not as I haven't compared them myself. I can however say that it can make a difference on some games as apparently someone who was working on Mugen Souls would experience freezing when using the disc but never experienced a single freeze once they switched to the digital version.

• 4 weeks later...

Digital as @Nishikino Maki said, loads faster, while disc doesn't, my disc version is a bit dusty, however.

Digital has a slight boost in FPS

Disc: 25-28FPS

Digital:25-30FPS (Sometimes it locks at 30FPS)

Almost ANY digital game is better than disc, not sure why. :/

But yeah, I like the digital copy more, and as you said, Dead Island crashes all the time regardless, it's not just you.