The Docking Trophy Part 2

Gunsnipe3795

Okay so I finally got the "Look Ma, No Tractor Beams!" Trophy (AKA the docking trophy). Anyway I tried the "Apollo" Method, which was to have a single rocket with the command/service module and the lander go up and as soon as I was in orbit, I decoupled from the lander, turn the command module around and dock with the lander. Unfortunately this doesn't work as the game apparently sees the two different ships (the command module and lander) as already docked, thus not unlocking the trophy. So I went back and tried launching two separate rockets and this worked. Here's a detailed list of the parts I used for both ships. If you have these parts already unlocked in career mode, use them, if not then go into sandbox mode (I got the trophy in that mode), also, the list has the parts going from bottom to the top

Docking Ship 1 Parts from bottom to top:

1 - S3 KS-25x4 "Mammoth" Liquid Fuel Engine
4 - AV-R8 Winglets (placed in a + formation)
4 - TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancers (placed in an X formation between the winglets)
2 - Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tanks
1 - TR-38-D decoupler

Stage 2

1 - Kerbodyne KR-2L+ "Rhino" Liquid Fuel Engine
1 - Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
1 - FL-R1 RCS Fuel Tank (Offset it into the S3-14400 Tank)
8 - RV-105 RCS Thruster Blocks (4 on top of the tank and 4 on the bottom, both placed in a + formation)
1 - AE-FF3 Airstream Protective Shell (3.75m) (set sides slider down to two
1 - Rockomax Brand Decoupler

CSM

1 - RE-L10 "Poodle" Liquid Fuel Engine
1 - Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank
1 - FL-R1 RCS Fuel Tank (Offset it into the X200-16 Tank)
4 - RV-105 RCS Thruster Blocks (placed near the top of the X200-16 Tank in a + formation)
2 - Gigantor XL Solar Array (placed on the decoupler
1 - Heat Shield (2.5m)
1 - Z-4k Rechargeable Battery Pack
1 - Mk1-2 Command Pod (put one Kerbal in it)
3 - Mk2-R Radial Mount Parachutes (lay them 90 degrees sideways, leave their sliders at default)
3 - illuminator Mk1 (placed near the top of the pod)
1 - Clamp-o-Tron Docking Port

Docking Ship 2 part list from bottom to top (this ship won't have a heat shield and parachutes, think of this ship as a defect that won't be coming back):

1 - S3 KS-25x4 "Mammoth" Liquid Fuel Engine
4 - AV-R8 Winglets (placed in a + formation)
4 - TT18-A Launch Stability Enhancers (placed in an X formation between the winglets)
2 - Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tanks
1 - TR-38-D decoupler

Stage 2

1 - Kerbodyne KR-2L+ "Rhino" Liquid Fuel Engine
1 - Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
1 - FL-R1 RCS Fuel Tank (Offset it into the S3-14400 Tank)
8 - RV-105 RCS Thruster Blocks (4 on top of the tank and 4 on the bottom, both placed in a + formation)
1 - AE-FF3 Airstream Protective Shell (3.75m) (set sides slider down to two

CSM

1 - RE-L10 "Poodle" Liquid Fuel Engine
1 - Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank
1 - FL-R1 RCS Fuel Tank (Offset it into the X200-16 Tank)
4 - RV-105 RCS Thruster Blocks (placed near the top of the X200-16 Tank in a + formation)
2 - Gigantor XL Solar Array (placed on the decoupler
1 - Z-4k Rechargeable Battery Pack
1 - Mk1-2 Command Pod (put one Kerbal in it)
3 - illuminator Mk1 (placed near the top of the pod)
1 - Clamp-o-Tron Docking Port

Now for the fun part, docking these two ships together, no unfortunately I don't have the actual footage of the two ships docking; but I did go back to and created a video tutorial for you guys in case you needed it. (I apologize for the long video; but it was necessary to show the building aspect of the two ships, if you want to skip ahead I'll add timestamp to where I start my rendezvous; but I strongly recommend that you watch the video in its entirety)

Timestap to where I start rendezvous:  56:26

YouTube Link:

If you followed the video and the two ships are perfectly docked, you'll have your shiny new gold trophy "Look Ma, No Tractor Beams!"